Alex Ferguson in Australia.

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by JamesResurgam, Oct 21, 2004.

1. JamesResurgam

JamesResurgam Member

Alex's many friends will be deeply saddened to hear that he has been diagnosed as having a very advanced state of cancer.
    One of life's great characters with an enormous personality to match; he hails from Broxburn and was one of the finest euphonium players in Scotland in his playing days. He went to Kirkintilloch Band as principal euphonium and later became their conductor.
    I will always treasure the many memorable musical moments, as well as the great fun we had together; as I feel sure many of his friends and colleagues in Scotland will testify to. Our thoughts are with his wife Ruth and his son Stuart at this time.
    We had some wonderful times together before he emigrated to Australia, and the odd moment when he visited these shores for a holiday since.
    God Bless you Alex a great friend and colleague.

David James
  2. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I think Alex came to listen to us at Clydebank a couple of times a few years ago when he was over visiting. Whether I'm thinking of the right person or not, my thoughts are with him and his friends and family right now.
  3. JamesResurgam

JamesResurgam Member

Alex's has passed away in the last hour.

I have just received the news from Australia that my great, and dear friend Alex Ferguson has passed away. Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife Ruth and his son Stuart and family
    It has been my privilege to have walked a while along life's path with this gentleman, in all senses of the word. I feel sure that all who knew him will spare a thought for Alex and his family at this tragic time. May the good Lord bless you and keep you, and surround you with love.

David James
  4. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

Alex passed away at about 3:00am aedst on the 31st of October. I did not know him well but he will be missed in the Australian banding community. On behalf of the Hawthorn Band I would like to extend our condolences to his family and friends.

Mark Fitzpatrick

Hawthorn Band