Alborado del Gracioso (arr. Bourgeois)

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Sop Willebroek, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Hi,

I'm searching for the piece 'Alborado del Gracioso' (Ravel - arr. Derek Bourgeois).

It's is not published, and the composer has no copy of it anymore! The band who played it was Sun Life but they told me that they have sold their library.

Maybe some other bands have a copy?

Thanks,

Bert Van Thienen

2. Jacob Larsen

Jacob Larsen Member

Fairey Band recorded the piece on the "Spanish Impression" CD (Chandos Lable). Try them out..

Kindest
    JVL

Ps. Is this also a dead end I would be happy to arrange it for you. Indeed a very fine piece...

3. Thanks. I've mailed them. Hopefully they give a positive reply :)

4. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Bert,
    You could try contacting Trevada Music - they bought a lot of Sun Life's CDs I know, and they may be able to help. Not 100% on this, but this is the only port of call I can think of!

5. Anyone has some contacts with Faireys or Stavanger? I've mailed their secretary twice, but no reply...:(

6. It seems everyone has lost it... Fairey, Sun Life....

That's a pity. Anyone knows some other bands who may have played it?

7. garsop_2000

garsop_2000 Member

Bert may I ask is it the "music" of Alborado del Gracioso you are looking for or are you looking for a "cd recording" of some band playing it ?

8. I'm searching for the music. It was never published and the arranger has no copy of it.

9. garsop_2000

garsop_2000 Member

Have you tried their press officer Gillian Hammond According to Faireys website you can contact her at gillianhammond@aol.com

Maybe others attached to Faireys in a "musical assocate role" would be willing to help such as Rodney Newton, Phil Lawerence or Jeremy Sleith of course all mentioned on the Fairey FP website. Surely it must be in their library covered in cob-webs or not.

If this is Faireys lady you contacted then maybe it would be difficult trying to get a reply, she could be engrossed in too may James Bond films :) or even enjoying the champers !!

Goodluck in trying to find your piece, sorry could'nt of been any more help

10. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

What about asking the arranger to do a special edition of the score for you. Perhaps put on a concert of his music, invite him over as well? Just a thought.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Ravel - arr
    Derek Bourgeois
    Alborado del Gracioso
    Sun Life
    Bert Van Thienen
  12. jackocorn

jackocorn Member

I helped Len load the van!

Yes, he did have the library too.

13. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Ive a cd of that music btw!! But why not try what I mentioned earlier Bert. Your band be more than capable of playing Bourgeois's music.

14. grandfilth

grandfilth Member

If I remember, I'll have a look in the library...

15. Thanks, but Lisa Sarasini already mailed that they couldn't find it...