Alan Pope Receives Worshipful Company Medal

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by J Taylor Percussion, Jul 14, 2008.

1. J Taylor Percussion

J Taylor Percussion New Member

Alan Pope, the Musical Director of Camborne Youth Band, has been awarded the prestigious Harry Mortimer Medal by The Worshipful Company of Musicians in recognition of his services for the teaching of young people in the brass band movement.

Alan Pope said that he was delighted to receive the Mortimer Medal and commented to the British Bandsman magazine: "I have been MD at Camborne Youth Band for nine-and-a-half years now. When I started, it was down to seven beginners but we have built it up and we now boast 108 young musicians, of which 48 are in the Youth Band. We also have Junior, Training and Beginners' bands, and several of the Youth Band players are members of Camborne 'B' Band, which I also conduct as well as tutor all of the players."

Alan concluded: "I am totally shocked about receiving the award. It is absolutely fabulous and a complete honour. Things like this don't usually happen to people like me."

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Alan will be presented the medal at the British Open Championships at Symphony Hall, Birmingham, in September along with the retired soprano cornet star, Peter Roberts, who has been awarded the John Henry Iles Medal for his services to the brass band movement. Everyone involved with Camborne Town Band Music Society wishes to congratulate Alan on this thoroughly deserved achievement.
    [/FONT]

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    FONT=Helvetica
    Alan Pope Receives Worshipful Company Medal
    Camborne Youth Band
    Harry Mortimer Medal
    FONT=Arial
  3. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

Thoroughly deserved!

Igg

4. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Indeed! :biggrin: Congratulations! :clap:

5. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Please tell Mr Pope that Dobbin send his heartiest congratulations.

6. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Congratulations, Alan... can't think of anyone more dedicated or deserving!