Alan Johns (Hornblower RN)

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by Deano, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Deano

Deano Member

Death of Alan Johns

Alan passed away on October 1st 2008, losing his brave fight with cancer, at the age of 70.

He played with Ogmore, Mid Rhondda, BSC Port Talbot, Ammanford and the Rhondda Big Band.

Alan competed at the National Finals in the Royal Albert Hall in 1991 with Mid Rhondda, and was playing with Ammanford when they won the 2nd Section National Finals in 2001 at Preston.

He was a fine soprano, flugel and trumpet player, having won Best Instrumentalist twice when playing with Ogmore.

Alan's wife, Sheila, would like to thank everyone for their support at this time and for the many cards and messages she has received.

The funeral is Wednesday October 8th, 2008 1.15pm at Coity Crematorium, followed by refreshments at The Heronstone Hotel, Ewenny Road, Bridgend.

It is Alan's wish that any bandpersons attending, playing or not, wear their band uniform.

Family flowers only, donations to Y Bwythyn Hospice Bridgend.
    Donations can be sent to Penybont Funeral Home, Bridgend.
  2. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Thanks for posting this, I had no idea. I played with Alan at Rogerstone when Ceri Thomas was conducting us, some good memories including a trip to the French Open and some good results!! My best wishes go to Alan's family.
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Deano - many thanks for posting this.

I am very saddened by this news, and would like to offer my sincere condolences to Alans family at this time. How do we pass messages to the family Deano (apart from maybe reviewing and posting in this thread?)

4. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

Alan was also one of life's true gentlemen....Top bloke:clap: