Alan Fowler ~ Wingates Band.

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by Keith Stanley James Lever, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Keith Stanley James Lever

Keith Stanley James Lever Supporting Member

I have been asked by Gordon Higginbottom to post up the following obituary:

ALAN FOWLER, formerly Bb Cornet and principle Eb Tenor Horn of Wingates Band has passed away, he had been ill for quite some time.
    Alan was a member of the Wingates Quartet which won The British Open Quartet Championship 1969 in Oxford. He served Wingates Band well for many years, a TRUE GENTLEMAN who has earned a place in the bands illustrious history.

The funeral will be at The Charnock Richard Crematorium (post code PR7 5JP), on Tuesday 2nd July 2013 at 12.00 Noon.

Rest In Peace ~ Alan Fowler.

Keith Stanley James Lever.

2. Mello

Mello Member

Thanks Keith for posting this. Sorry I couldn't post it myself, as TMP will not allow me to post . only reply. So sorry if I have broken the rules folks, but Alan Fowler served Wingates for some 24 years winning the Open and Nationals along the way, and I really wanted people to learn of his passing as I know some will attend his Committal , and asking Keith to post for me was the only way I knew of posting. Apologies if by doing this I have offended the administrators etc. Just hope you will understand, it was not for personal gain.

3. Mello

Mello Member

Goodbye alan

Thanks to all who attended Alan's committal today. A wonderful send off , not just from the Band Fraternity but from the MG car Club He would be so proud to see so many people , some who travelled long distances just to pay their respects. Alan being such an unassuming gentleman, he would probably be stuck for words. I know his mother was so proud , as was his wife Dot, despite their sad loss , both taking the trouble to personally thank everyone for their attendance. RIP Alan.

4. Keith Stanley James Lever

Keith Stanley James Lever Supporting Member

Nice to see that Alan had a good send off Gordon, unfortunately I was unable to be in attendance due to the huge distance from Derby to Chorley.

Rest In Peace Alan Fowler, another fine gentleman now in the Lords Heavenly Band.

KSJ.