Afternoon Performance, R3, 5th March

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by James Yelland, Mar 5, 2009.

1. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

Tuning in to the 'listen again' facility this evening to hear Rococo Variations from the RNCM Festival, I was surprised to hear the broadcast begin with the final two minutes of Andy Scott's A World Within, despite it not being on the programme. Pity the BBC couldn't have managed to accidentally play it all. What on earth is going on at the Beeb?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Andy Scott
    A World Within
    Afternoon Performance
    Rococo Variations
    RNCM Festival
  3. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

They did play it in full earlier in the day, around ten to one I think, if you want to 'Listen Again'!

4. James Yelland

You're a star, sir! You are absolutely right! Although what it is doing as an unprogrammed item in what is billed as a concert by a string quartet is another matter. Many thanks.

5. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

No problem. I think it was just as a time filler as the quartet concert didn't run all the way to 1pm. All in all a good time to be on the road to a site visit, and as a bonus I finished a few minutes early and caught Roccoco Variations on the way home. Great timing all round!

6. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

On a related note, they played Wilby's A Breathless Alleluia this morning, a great performance by the Black Dyke Colliery Band... :-?

7. James Yelland

Yes, the bloke who introduced the Afternoon performances a couple of weeks ago (he sounded like a very nice boy) told us that Spectrum had been written by the well-known composer and part time wine merchant Gilbert Vintner. Good old radio 3!