Africa - Travel warning

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by yorkie19, Jul 3, 2006.

1. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

To anyone contemplating travelling to Africa this year, please think again.

I've had another email today from a lawyer in Lagos, Nigeria, telling me that a member of my extended family has been killed in a crash out there. By my counting, that makes it over 20 this year.

Although I am amazed that so many members of my extended family live in Africa, I am also deeply saddened by the news, especially when all the crashes have involved their entire families.

So, if you are thinking about travelling out there, especially to Nigeria, Cote d'Ivoire or Ghana, please think again.

I'd really like to get through the rest of the year without any more sad news from Africa.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    warning
    family
    Africa
    Africa - Travel
    anyone
  3. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

sounds like some traffic lights over there wouldn't go amiss!

4. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

Yes - and with the amount of money MY contacts seem to earn you'd think they would install their own private ones - one person who has "shared business contacts" with me died with over $ 20,000,000 million dollars in the bank - that would buy a traffic light for everyone in the country !

5. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Twenty million, million? Flippin' 'eck, mate who was he? Bill Gates? ;)

6. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

I thought you were all being very heartless, very cruel people.

And then it clicked :oops:

7. Im off on a wild adventure to africa this summer, going to zimbabwe, congo and cape town

8. flugel_fancy

flugel_fancy Member

It's taken me nearly 10 mins to click :oops: and even then I had to read through it again :rolleyes:

9. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Don't worry...took me three quarters of an hour!!

10. Daniel Sheard

Daniel Sheard Member

I gather you've not been to Lagos, 2md, ?!

11. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Nope! It's bad is it?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    warning
    family
    Africa
    Africa - Travel
    anyone
  13. I hate those emails...and I get them constantly! Please supply your bank details so we can put the money in your bank account/take all your money out and cause heeeeuge identity fraud

14. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

I don't think there's much danger of the "put the money into your bank account" bit ever happening :(

15. It's like the regular *euro lottory* I apparently win every few weeks...requiring all of my personal details!!