Advice please...

Discussion in 'theMouthPiece.com User Reviews' started by BrianT, Feb 14, 2006.

1. BrianT

BrianT Member

Someone suggest the best Brass Band of Battle Creek CD to start my collection with? And why? I'm interested because I read that Chris Jaudes plays with them and I've always admired the fab solo he did on the Ron Kenoly video some years ago,playing in this band with Chester Thompson, Abraham Laboriel, Alex Acuna...
    Cheers for now,
    BrianT

2. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I don't know the answer yet...but I can find out. Or if you'd rather, our band is doing a concert with Chris Jaudes as the featured soloist on April 22nd? I think?

3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- Check out the band's website to see what takes your fancy! The Brazzmatazz CD, for me, is a must have for any brass band CD collector. Features the talents mainly of Marvin Stamm (trumpet).

http://www.bbbc.net/

4. BrianT

BrianT Member

Thank you

...I'd like to know about a likely CD please. You're so lucky getting to play with the man! Where's the concert, and which band is it with?
    BrianT

5. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Don't know about BBBC but Chris Jaudes is recording a solo album with the New York Staff Band next month. The only time I've heard him is on a CD with the Norridge Citadel Band from Chicago called Trumpet of Jesus. I'll have to get it out again; it's been a while. He is well respected and I once heard him referred to as the most under rated trumpet player in the U.S.

6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Chris did an incredible masterclass at one of the first Brass Arts Festivals at Regent Hall, talking about and demonstrating his practice routines, with a short recital to follow. There's some good playing on the "Trumpet of Jesus" cd, if you're able to get hold of a copy, and the NYSB one should be worth looking out for.

Regarding the Battle Creek cds, they're all pretty good: check out the programme and take your pick!