advice please on a recent lip injury

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by vonny, Mar 14, 2008.

1. vonny

vonny Member

On Sunday after the area contest, don't ask me how but I bit my lip and ended up having 2 stitches in it. I managed to ask for a lift back because I was feeling a bit unwell and I didn't want to wait for the coach. I had to go back to our coach to collect my belongings and as I walking across the carpark I noticed my lip was bleeding... It was only when I was on my way home I realised how bad it was.
    Anyway I am temporarily out of playing action and the doctor has told me my lip will heal well :) Two days ago I had to go to the doctors because my lip was hurting so much and I was told I had an infection so have a course of antibiotics. Today it seems much better so I am just waiting for the all clear.
    Has anyone here experienced anything like this?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    lip
    lip injury
    bit
    home
    course
  3. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Yes, I had two stitches in my bottom lip during my younger years right on my embrochure. I had to stop for a few month because the more i tried to play, the more the scar tissue swelled. Eventually i was left with a pee sized lump that really annoyed me for ages but it maked no difference now!
    I would advise you to lay of the cornet until it is absolutely healed up.
    BTW Well done for the fab result on Sunday. I listened to H & H.Very nice.