advice please on a recent lip injury

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by vonny, Mar 14, 2008.

1. vonny

vonny Member

On Sunday after the area contest, don't ask me how but I bit my lip and ended up having 2 stitches in it. I managed to ask for a lift back because I was feeling a bit unwell and I didn't want to wait for the coach. I had to go back to our coach to collect my belongings and as I walking across the carpark I noticed my lip was bleeding... It was only when I was on my way home I realised how bad it was.
    Anyway I am temporarily out of playing action and the doctor has told me my lip will heal well :) Two days ago I had to go to the doctors because my lip was hurting so much and I was told I had an infection so have a course of antibiotics. Today it seems much better so I am just waiting for the all clear.
    Has anyone here experienced anything like this?
  2. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Yes, I had two stitches in my bottom lip during my younger years right on my embrochure. I had to stop for a few month because the more i tried to play, the more the scar tissue swelled. Eventually i was left with a pee sized lump that really annoyed me for ages but it maked no difference now!
    I would advise you to lay of the cornet until it is absolutely healed up.
    BTW Well done for the fab result on Sunday. I listened to H & H.Very nice.