advice on different paints!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sparkling_quavers, Jul 13, 2005.

1. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I want to paint the back of my fishtank blue - anyone know which sort of paint I should use? I was thinking car spray paint?
    :confused:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    paints
    paint
    anyone
    back
    advice
  3. Di

Di Active Member

4. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

whatever paint you use make sure you empty the water out of the tank first otherwise it'll keep washing the paint off your brush!! :D ;)

5. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Why not paint a piece of plywood, which you then put behind the tank? You can then change colours when the mood takes you. ;)

6. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

You can get plastic sheet with blue sea, sand, weeds and rocks etc. to put behind the tank. It sounds a tacky idea but they don't look that bad really and they won't poison your fish.

7. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

yep have used these for ages - the problem is getting them to stay completely flat without any air bubbles/moisture getting behind them in the long run - looks naff then!

I am jsut resetting the tank up after my puffer died :frown: - I have had to clean everything out properly as it was a salt water fish and I think I am just going to put something freshwater in there now

I sprayed it with enamel paint this afternoon and it looks good - much neater! :tup

8. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Bit late I know, but how about marine paint?

BMB
    xx