Adopt a March

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by eflatbass, Feb 12, 2011.

1. eflatbass

eflatbass Supporting Member

I have just completed a march and placed it on my web site. It's quirky, and not to be taken too seriously, but could prove a handy programme filler.

It's currently named "Brytfor", but for the first band wishing to adopt it, and prepared to feature it on future programmes, the deal is this: the march will be renamed according to the band's preferred title, a full set of score and band parts will be printed by me on good quality (120g) paper, and the whole package will be posted to you, FREE OF CHARGE!

To claim the march as your own, I ask that your band's MD emails me with your request. Please state the name of your band when responding. The first genuine request gets the march!

You can listen to it, and see the score and band parts, on the web site, where you will also find my email address.

Remember; everything on my web site is free!
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  2. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

What approximate level are you pitching this at Barry?
  3. eflatbass

Hi Donna

I don't think it's beyond the capabilities of most sections, but give it a listen when you have a moment to spare, and let me know where you think it should be pitched.

4. Beesa

Beesa Member

What a nice gesture!

I listened a few times and enjoyed it. I'm not sure about the motif though, which you might want to vary or use a bit less.

It will make a nice march for a band to adopt as their own.

I hope to hear it on Whit Friday maybe.
  5. eflatbass

The repetitive motif was in fact intentional, believe it or not! Call it being lazy, but I simply wanted to produce something with a bit of humour, and perhaps drifting away from the normal march structure.

Whit Friday? That would be really interesting!

6. eflatbass

The march has been claimed! It is to be adopted by Tiverton Town Band, and will be renamed, "TWYFORD"

Thank you to everyone for the interest shown.