adjudicators scores

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by batonwaggler, Jan 17, 2004.

1. batonwaggler

batonwaggler New Member

My Contest sec "cornetchap" has found out that at Milto Keynes Contest 8th Feb,the adjuicator will make do with a solo cornet part,or score if possible to listen to our pieces,we can`t give him a photocopy,and I take it I can`t have one as well.
    Can anyone please advise on the best way of sorting out a way of getting round this situation.
    Thanks

2. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Legally, you are not permitted to photocopy any copyrighted music for contest purposes.

Most band sets contain 4 solo cornet parts so if the Adjudicator is willing to use these, supply a solo cornet part to him. Alternatively purchase seperate scores from the publishers for the Adjudicator's use or borrow a 'printed' score from another band for your own use.

Footnote:
    Just for everyone's information the tMP team are now in the final stages of finishing our fact sheet on this very subject - COPYRIGHT.

It will hopefully be available for viewing/downloading within the next few days.

:wink:

3. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

You could find out if any local bands have the pieces as well and borrow their scores. Just an idea :D