Adjudicators / Entries for Old Silkstone's 6th annual March and Hymn Contest

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Tracey, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Tracey

Tracey Member

Old Silkstone Band are pleased to announce this years adjudicators.

This year the contest will commence at around 3pm and the adjudicators are

Geoff Whitham - Red Lion
    Alan Exley - Silkstone Lodge
    Trevor Jessop - Deportment

There are 20 plus entries this year and the evening will conclude with a
    concert by the Take 2 Show Band and the presentation of prizes will commence at approximately 10.30pm at Silkstone Lodge. :clap: :clap:

If you still wish to enter or require any further information please don't hesitate to contact me on
    01226 202141
  2. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Tracey is this on Saturday 14th July 2007?

Don't think I'll be playing this year but it will be the first chance I get to come along and enjoy the whole day.
  3. Tracey

Tracey Member

Yes, sorry didn't put date on did I :oops:

Its on Saturday 14th July!
  4. Tracey

Tracey Member

Entries fro Old Silkstone March Contest 2007

Old silkstone Band are pleased to announce the entries for this years March and Hymn Tune Contest to be held on Saturday 14th July and commencing at 3pm.

Camping and Caravanning Club
    Chapeltown Silver
    Dodworth Colliery Miners Welfare Band
    Elland Silver
    Frickley South Elmsall
    Hade Edge
    Holme Silver
    Horbury Victory
    Ireland Colliery Chesterfield
    Knottingley Silver
    Old Silkstone B Band
    Rockingham Band
    Shirland Youth Band
    Skelmanthorpe A Band
    Skelmanthorpe B Band
    South Yorkshire Police Band
    Stocksbridge Band
    The Cottingham Band
    Thurlston Band
    Yorkshire Co op Band

The draw will take place tomorrow night so if anyone else wants to enter please let me know ASAP.

All trophies from last year can be brought on the day unless you want to make alternative arrangments.

We are hoping that the Ring O Bells will be up and running for the event as it is currently closed due to the floods but we'll keep our fingers crossed.

Tracey Bostwick
    01226 202141

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
  5. blasterbates

blasterbates Member

Always a good do - looking forward to it - let's hope the weather is kinder this year.
  6. barmycarmy

barmycarmy New Member

Looking forward to the contest.....just a slight ammendment to the entry list of bands posted on here......its Horbury Victoria....not Horbury Victory!! lol. Unless it does become a victory for Horbury i suppose!!
  7. blasterbates

blasterbates Member

and Thurlstone's got an 'e' - let's hope there's no random drug testing then.
  8. JR

JR Member

correct Blaster - and it looks like we've changed our name to "Skelmanthorpe A"
    I'm looking forward to it though - I think I'll bring Olivia - if she can sit through 3 hours at Delph without complaining (much) she's bound to enjoy this one!

PS The pub last night - no smoke! -amazing

9. Tracey

Tracey Member

Ok! so I nead two use spell cheque and reed wot ive putt afore postin LOL!:redface: :redface: :redface: :redface:

Anyway hope the weather brightens up and the Ring O Bells is open after the flooding.

Looking forward to it again this year.
    See you all at the Red Lion :clap:
  10. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

looks like i'll bump into a few people i know
    looking forward to it :]
  11. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Good showing of bands signed up this year.

Long may it continue!

See you all for a pint afterwards.
  12. hvb_shizzle

hvb_shizzle Member

Absolutley gutted!! i can't play at silkstone because of a family wedding, it would have been my first march contest aswell!! never mind!!!

Good luck to horbury on saturday!!!
  13. mdfreeman

mdfreeman Member

Just a quick amendment... unfortunately south Yorkshire police band will not be competing this year, so a chance for everyone else to grab the deportment prize!!!!! ;)
  14. Tracey

Tracey Member

I hope we're all praying for the sunshine tomorrow!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

John and maggie at the Ring O Bells are working 24/7 to try and get the pub open in time for the contest. fingers crossed!!
  15. blasterbates

blasterbates Member

20 degrees and sunny in Barnsley tomorrow according to - let's hope they get it right this time. Looking forward to it!!
  16. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

lets hope.. cos its persisting it down now!
  17. barrytone

barrytone Member

Any results available yet?

What a nice day at Silkstone,chat won both contests, well done to bluey on bass for winning the two bass prizes, saw some old pals David Pogson and Clive Jowett,didnt buy any raffle tickets and took my own ale,never spent any money at all.
  19. robcav

robcav Member

I believe you mean Shat, that is Skelmanthorpe, won both march contests and one of the hymn tune contests along with best basses at both and best euph at whichever had a best euph prize. Unfortunately I couldn't stay for the results but had confirmation from our contest sec a short while ago. I'm absolutely delighted at our performances and would like to thank the guest players, a number of whom were B band players, for stepping up and helping us out. Congratulations must also go to the Skelmanthorpe B band for winning best 4th section band. Terrific contest and a good day out.

Yes well done to chat.I have been a member of this band a bit before your time rob.