Adjudicators Course - can anyone help?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Roger Thorne, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Some years ago an Adjudicators Course was introduced at Salford University.

Can anyone answer the following questions relating to this course.

Does this Adjudicating Course still exist?

How many people have completed this Adjudicating Course and who are they?

Have these people ever been invited to Adjudicate at any contests?

How many present adjudicators on the circuit at the moment enlisted for this course?

If any, how many passed with flying colours?

Unfortunately there are no prizes for answering the above questions. I am just curious about the course as I have read or heard nothing about it for quite some time.

I look forward to viewing the answers.

Many Thanks

2. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

hello there, I read something about it recently in the conductor magazine (NABBC), try their site. cheers sharon (MD) Long Eaton

3. Roger Thorne

Thanks for the information Sharon.

PS: How did you get on at Leamington Spa Yesterday.

4. satchmo shaz

the band played well but only came 4th, but I was pleased with them.........contesting eh!!. I also played cornet with my band Newstead who won top section and helped out NCT on solo cornet who also played really well, a very long day for me ! :?

5. Brian

Brian Member

6. satchmo shaz

hello Brian, how about getting us a dance band gig over there!! it would be great !! sounds like a fab life! take care now sharon

7. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

I'm currently serving as External Examiner for the aforementioned course so can provide you with some information, but suggest you contact Dr Roy Newsome who is the link between University of Salford and the NABBC - he will be able to provide reliable and detailed information.

Yes, there are former candidates who have passed with flying colours and who are now regularly employed as adjudicators in contests. There are others who have not succeeded at their first attempt.

This is an important course - possibly vital for the future of our contests - which is still running but has not attracted the level of interest we might have hoped for. It's clearly in everyone's interest that adjudicators are given the opportunity to train, to learn from those with more experience and develop their ideas in a supportive environment.

D

8. Roger Thorne

Many Thanks for the informative details.