Adiemus - absolute musical bliss!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by James McFadyen, Nov 1, 2003.

1. James McFadyen

James McFadyen New Member

I just bought the new Adiemus CD, 'Vocalise'........

and it's just fantastic, I'm a big Karl Jenkins fan and his unique nonsence language that he 'invented'.

For anyone who loves the Adiemus sound, it's great buy and it cost be just £14.99 to own this fine album! :lol:

It's also got a few big jazz names - Kenney Wheeler, Nigel Hitchcock and MARTIN TAYLOR!!!!

Some beautiful stuff on the CD, with the odd utterance of jazziness with a sax section!
  2. dyl

dyl Active Member

I got mine for £10.99! ;)
    Good album, but not a patch on Adiemus 4 in my opinion.
  3. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Adiemus is really gd, what's the new CD all about then?
  4. James McFadyen

James McFadyen New Member

It's a great CD!

Although many of the Academics dislike Karl Jenkins because of his 'rock music' background and concert platform music (ie not serious music) he is a genius as far as I am concered. Stuff the academics, his music sells more than 'the four seasons', which is supposed to be the best selling classical album. He respects all the classical masters and never attempts to be better than them, he doesn't even want to be - he is a class musician and composer!

The album is well recorded and mastered featuring the LSO, an association with whom has been going on with years!
  5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Cory's played an effective arrangement of sections from "Adiemus" a year or so back in Birmingham. It seemed to be well worked-out for band, and according to their web-site it is due to be recorded by them shortly.
  6. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Shall be keeping an eye out for that!
  7. CRat63

CRat63 Member

Theres also an arrangement of 'Adiemus' by Stephen Tighe-don't know whether its published or not. We played it at the weekend at the Malton Contest-lovely music indeed.