Acid Brass

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by tubbytuba, Apr 18, 2011.

1. tubbytuba

tubbytuba Member

How about the advert on the television using acid brass as a backing track!!!

2. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

How about it indeed! Catchy little number, isn't it?

Keith Johnson (KMJ Recordings) and I recorded it with them a couple of weeks ago.

As an aside, we also recorded Acid Brass II back in February, which is due for release shortly. I'll make sure I let you know when, it's a great CD and worth a listen - all new arrangements by Richard Rock.

It's all happening for KMJ at the moment!

See you at Trevithick Day, Dave!

3. Brassbones

Brassbones Member

Acieeeeeeed!!!!

There's a news item on our webpage too, oh, and I hear that 'strings of life' recording is going onto iTunes! Who knows, we could be annoying lots of people in railway carriages soon ;)

4. Kofi

Kofi Member

I hear that one of the tracks is 'Everybody Dance Now' by C & C Music Factory? Hope that's the case!

5. tubbytuba

tubbytuba Member

Hey Jess T,good to see your keeping very busy,so your coming home for some punishment lol.Williams Fairey did the originals didnt they??

6. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

It is indeed!

Yes they did :)

They also did the advert (and the latest CD, obviously).

I'm coming home on Thursday, got a week to prepare for the hardest march in the land!

7. tubbytuba

tubbytuba Member

You must have been a really bad girl to get sent home for that march!!! Loved the first Acid Brass cd,truly ground breaking when make back in 1997,will have to treat myself to the new one then!!!

8. Brassbones

Brassbones Member

'Everybody Dance Now' ... two million bars of double forte pedal Bb's ... needed a lie down after that one ;)

9. dyl

dyl Active Member

Any teasers to the tracks on the new one? ;)

10. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

Are the arrangements available for purchase?
    I have a group of advanced students who would LOVE to add some of these to their repertoire

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Acid Brass
    advert
    television
    backing track
  12. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Have a look at Faireys' Facebook page for Acid Brass Dyl! A few eye-openers :rolleyes:

13. BariPower

BariPower Member

So when does the cd get released ?

14. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

:d

15. Brassbones

Brassbones Member

Won't be long now. Just tying up a few rights issues.

16. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

To the best of our knowledge, no. The last lot of arrangements (from the original CD released in 1997) weren't made available, and I'm fairly convinced these won't be published either.

17. Brassbones

Brassbones Member

That's correct Jes. Although the old set did mysteriously manage to find its way into the libraries of at least two other bands I can think of - It wont happen this time around!!!!

18. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

When the licensing is sorted and Mike signs it off, I'll send my set back to you Paul.

19. Brassbones

Brassbones Member

Thanks Keith. Hoping to air some of these at BeatHerder this Summer. Should be mega :)

20. BariPower

BariPower Member

Any word on this cd yet ?

21. Brassbones

Brassbones Member

IT'S HERE!!!! £15 a copy + p&p (approx £1.50? not checked it yet!)

Still lokking at distribution channels (worldofbrass.com are definitely going to be selling it), but in the meantime we can post copies out on receipt of a cheque. Anyone interested send a message via the contacts page on the Fairey website.

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Acid Brass
    advert
    television
    backing track