Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Cornet_player, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Cornet_player

Cornet_player Member

I’m really hoping that someone can help me. I am entered for my DipABRSM in Cambridge on the 16th July at 12 and my accompanist has just let me down. My programme is;

Haydn Trumpet Concerto
    Quiet City (Copland)
    Rondo for Lifey (Bernstein)

Unfortunately the piano parts for these are quite difficult, particularly the Bernstein and I have had a number of accompanists unable to play them. I was wondering if anyone was either in the area and would be able to play for me or could suggest someone who can. I would really appreciate any help I’m really desperate!
  2. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

I know a few pianists who could do this but unfortunately not in that area!! Although, as it is in Cambridge have you thought of trying the different colleges at the University...I know it will be summer but you never know! Failing that maybe the organist/pianist in larger churches around the city.

I hope you find someone and good luck!!
  3. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

Just PM'd you with some details of a friend of mine....
  4. simonbassbone

simonbassbone Member

If Bryans friends can't help pm me, I'll speak to a friend tomorrow who studied piano at Birmongham conservatoire, so should be up to the job if shes free.

Good luck.
  5. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

Good luck with your Diploma let us know how you get on. Did not know Rondo for Lifey was on the list or is it one you are substituting ?
  6. Cornet_player

Cornet_player Member

Thanks for all the suggestions I have found someone who is able to accompany me so panic over.....for now anyway.

Rondo for Lifey isnt on the syllabus but I am doing it as an own choice work as I rather like it!

Thanks for all your help
  7. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

Yeah it is a good piece I like it as well, a bit different to the normal repertoire
  8. BenjaminG1785

BenjaminG1785 New Member

im sorry i can't help but im sure there must be someone in cambridge or cambridge university that can help you

Good luck
  9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Maybe there was, but the event in question was in July 2007 :eek:

Please try to read threads more carefully before contributing ;)
  10. BenjaminG1785

BenjaminG1785 New Member

Oops! big Oops!

thanks for alerting me on my big problem!

i apologise