Accessing New Posts

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Brian Bowen, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

Occasionally -- right now in fact -- I'm unable to access "New Posts" by clicking on the tab from the home page. I get the caption "Sorry -- no matches. Please try some different terms."

Does anyone know why this is?
  2. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

you have started a new session on the server, and there have been no new posts since this time! You can still look at new posts in the last day by using the Search link on the nav bar
  3. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

I don't think this can be the answer. I've been off tMP for hours on the last two occasions and I still get the unbelievable caption. When I go to the list of forums, I can see many new posts have been added since I last visited. As I said, it's not a constant problem but occasional -- and now!
  4. pegleg

pegleg Member

Can't believe it, but I have been able to access the tab "New Posts" 3 times in the past 5 minutes. In the six months prior, I have only been able to access it once, maybe twice! Otherwise, I get the same message also " Sorry -- no matches. Please try some different terms. "
  5. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Remember that the "New Posts" link on the menu bar does NOT show posts to any of the Random categories, which recently changed (for a long time, the Thread Games subcategory was not shown, but other Random threads were - John recently changed this so that none of the Random threads show there).

Try dropping down the "Quick Links" and choosing "All New Posts", this shows posts from all categories.