Absolutely furious!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Craigsav83, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

I can't begin to say how angry I am at the minute :mad:

I get a knock on the door about half 10, with someone asking - "Is that your car?" And the bl**dy thing is lying on its side! Apparently a bunch of neds (or scallies or insert profanity here) thought it would be a laugh to tip it over.

Cost to me - no car - its a write off. Can't get to work. Can't get into uni. Can't drive home to Scotland. Can't get to band. The list goes on...

Really - what is this country coming to? :ranting2:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Scotland
    car
    scallies
    bunch of neds
    dy thing
  3. Hornblower RN

Hornblower RN Member

Getting a bit like Tombstone up there isn't it? It's about time this government stopped pussyfooting around and started protecting it's law abiding citizens!!:mad:

4. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Now come on, Craig.

You know that it's a criminal offence to criticise criminals, especially ones who are from lone parent families/deprived (or depraved?) areas/poor families/north of the Watford Gap. Social Services might take a dim view of this and take away your children, or the police might realise it's easier to prosecute you for your comments than the offenders.

Behave.

5. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

It'd be funny Wil....

...if it weren't so true...

And speaking as one who has worked in national and local authority benefits offices since the age of 21 - I know full well the system at all levels only works to help those who won't help themselves.

Genuine hard-luck stories who want to get back on their feet are met with obstructions all the way - to the point where many decide it's just easier to put their feet up and switch on Trisha.

In some areas we're up to third-generation unemployment. The indirect result is often this kind of thing.

You are of course aware that certain state and local authority benefits can remain in payment while an offender is in prison? Hardly an incentive to stay crime-free is it?

6. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

It used to be that a remand prisoner found not guilty could have his housing benefit paid for the period of the remand after this release. Of course, by then, most of the time their place was re-let.

Dunno about now - I'm 8 years out of benefits.

7. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

In my view they should round them all up and send them off to boot camp,
    give them a good **** kicking, beat them to within an inch of their lives, tip their cars over, humiliate them in front of all their mates and laugh in their faces....

and ask them how they like it.

8. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

:clap: Well said.......very well said!!!! :clap:

9. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Agreed - and sounds very tempting at this moment in time. Even the police admitted that there isn't much they can do, even if they catch who did it. :mad:

10. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Craig, sorry to hear about your car. Bl**dy Salford Scallies! Is this an urban version of the Cow Tipping I once knew at home in t' countryside? :confused::mad:

11. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

I really feel for you.

I was in Stockport recently on business and my car was broken in to in the hotel car park where I was staying. Kid on a push bike. Driver's window and rear window smashed. Nothing taken but a (really heavy) case full of conductor's scores for my band's summer season. :mad:

If I wished for just one thing it was to see his face as he opened the case and saw what was in it. Would have been worth the aggro. (Then I would have kicked him to ****).

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Scotland
    car
    scallies
    bunch of neds
    dy thing
  13. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Its shocking really, they dont give two hoots at what happens to anyone else, as long as they get their fun. Apparently this isn't a one off, and its been happening in more than one place - and only the one model of car too from what I've been hearing.

I think you have a point Iain, I just hope it doesn't become a trend, may be an idea to buy an estate car next time...

Not impressed today though as the normal 15 minute drive to work took over an hour by public transport :mad: means I need to get up at 5am tomorrow morning - at least I have an extra hour in bed tonight though!

14. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

bring back the BIRCH and a few lashings of it would make them think;Or get some of their stuff and smash it up see how they like it.

15. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Ah, welcome to my world... oops better get a move on, bus in 20 minutes!

16. derekdawson

derekdawson Member

As my old Dad used to say, " they should give 'em a good hiding every morning before breakfast, and then give 'em no breakfast".

17. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Really sorry to hear this Craig.

18. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Well, one week on, thats my housemates car been given some extra attention, broken windscreen, scratches and dents where they have ran over the top of the car. Unbelievable. :mad:

19. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

What's your insurance company doing to help?

20. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Sorry to hear this Craig, I have no idea what this world is coming to.

Two days ago, between 07:30 when Jen put a black bag in the green wheelie bin, and 8:15 - when I took Jen to work and Heather to school, a box of Citroen Saxo 'bits' was dumped in my green wheelie bin!!! Where they came from , who dumped them, or why... I have no idea.

21. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Probably somebody practicing their secret "fly-binning" for when this government introduces the much-discussed 'pay as you throw.'

It won't work you know....

22. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

The insurance wont do anything as its only third party fire and theft, and vandalism isn't covered by that policy - its like they are trying to find the way to cause the biggest nuisance. They'd better hope that they don't cross our paths in the near future, we hold no responsibility for our actions!

Thats two Thursdays on the trot now, I wonder how many cars will be parked on the street next week? :-?