ABRSM diplomas

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by euphfanhan, Feb 24, 2005.

1. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

This might be a stupid question, but in the ABRSM performance diplomas, what does LRSM and FRSM mean?
  2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

DipABRSM (Diploma of The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music)
    LRSM (Licentiate of the Royal Schools of Music
    FRSM (Fellowship of the Royal Schools of Music)
  3. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Ahhh...so do you have to pass one to move onto the next or are they all the same standard but...different??
  4. Naomi McFadyen

Yea, you need to start at the Dip ABRSM and work your way up....

www.abrsm.ac.uk has all the details you need!!

5. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Oh yeh, lol, thanks. Just one more completely unrelated question, is it just me or does www.bobchilds.co.uk not work? It's on the BBW site and the BB site, but all I get is some internet hosting site. And google isnt much help either.
  6. Naomi McFadyen

yea I tried that link for Bob Childs a while back and it didn't work.. still doesnt... got it from ibew as well.... either a bad link or just doesn't exsist anymore! :lol:.... maybe you can get in touch with him via the BAYV website.... ??
  7. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

So what does A.R.C.M stand for? Our former conductor has these initials after his name, is it linked to music or something else, really just curious!

He's also got an M.B.E too, so it looks good when you put him down for a reference, on an offical form!! ;) :D
  8. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

Associate of the Royal College of Music
  9. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

You do have to start at the DipABRSM but there are substitutes. I'm looking to do the LRSM. I can use my BA(Hons) degree as a substitute for DipABRSM. You just have to be able to prove that you took a final recital as part of your degree.