About time.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lawrencediana, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Lawrencediana

Lawrencediana Member

Hi everyone, I thought that as I have been using tMP for some time now I ought to introduce myself.

My name is Lawrence and after several years of playing the Euphonium at a sort of level, with The Scots Guards, Markham Main Colliery, Bournemouth Concert Brass and The SWT Woodfalls bands, I have now taken up conducting (some people seem to be releived). After several years as MD of the Woodfalls Junior band and a short spell with Chichester City Band I am happily now set as resident to the Michelmersh Silver Band.

I am Married for the second time to the delightful Diana, and run my own business from home.

Thats me really.

2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Hi there, and welcome from another former Guards musician :hi

3. Lawrencediana

Lawrencediana Member

And strangely enough our paths must have crossed I only did 1974-1977 in the Guards

4. WCB_Sop

WCB_Sop New Member

Hi Lawrence!

5. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Well me old mate we first met at Bournemouth Concert Brass when i was on holiday back in 1978 and have remained very good friends ever since.:clap:

6. Ryan06

Ryan06 Member

welcome to the forum.

7. Brassy Lady

Brassy Lady Member

Hi Lawrence
    Good to hear from you again!
    Your ex-noisy lodger :woo

8. smiler_38

smiler_38 Member

Hi Lawrence.
    Welcome to the Forum. Just a newbie myself. I see you say you played in Markham Main Colliery band. What year(s) was that? . I played Solo Cornet there while I was posted to RAF Finningley about 1980 - 1986.

9. Lawrencediana

Lawrencediana Member

I just missed you then I left in 1978

10. smiler_38

smiler_38 Member

Never Mind. I bet old Eric was there.
    I would have been on my techy training at RAF Locking, and playing with the Weston-Super-Mare Concert band for a bit.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Chichester City
    The SWT Woodfalls
    Michelmersh
    Diana
    Woodfalls Junior
  12. Jerry

Jerry Member

We're now called Weston Brass and looking for a Principal Cornet: fancy returning to your old stomping ground? ;)

13. smiler_38

smiler_38 Member

Hi Jerry, a bit too far from Lincoln :)

14. Jerry

Jerry Member

Hi Dave

I just thought you might be able to catch lifts from your RAF mates, should only be a quick dash in a Tornado or similar?! :D

You'd feel at home as well, we still have a couple of ex-RAF personnel with us ... think about it. ;)

Seriously though, we have had very little in the way of responses to our adverts both on tMP and elsewhere, just not sure why? I guess in the meantime we'll just follow Churchill's motto: KBO!

15. Sopha

Sopha Active Member

Hi I Dont Know You But Just Thought I'd Say Hi And Welcome!
    You Had To Put Up With Helen!! Bless Yah Lol!! ;)
    cya x