Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Valvecap, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Valvecap

Valvecap Member

Hi Guys - just in case anyone is interested, Aunt Bessies East Yorkshire Brass ceased to exist last night after the sponsorship was withdrawn by there parent company Tryton Foods - no reason was given for the withdrawl. The band will continue to function under its previous name of East Yorkshire Brass and will fund itself until such a time (if it comes) that further sponsorship is secured.

At least i aint a puddin no more... i am an EX PUDDIN!!!!!!!

2. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Sorry about your loss of sponsorship. Just a quick message to wish you good luck without it. After relying on sponsors for so long, we at leyland have been without for about 3 years now (I think) and are still going strong. Like I said, good luck and keep on bandin'!
  3. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Sorry to hear your news but I'm sure that you will feel much more comfortable under your new/old name.

I shall stop buying Aunt Bessies products with immediate effect and suggest that others do the same!

But the important thing is that the band continues, unlike so many that throw in the towel when the money disappears. All power to EYB.

4. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

and here was me thinking that there was actually someone called Bessie..
  5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Of course there is - who do you think has to make the puddings?

Seriously, though, sorry to hear of the loss of sponsorship, and hope things turn out alright in due course.
  6. hornblower

hornblower Member

good luck with keeping the band afloat, I'll avoid Aunt bessie's enemy puddings from this day forth!!! (sorry to all yorkie bars, but I'm a lancashire lass and have always affectionatley known yorkshire puddings as this!!! You know I'm only messing not penkin!!!) :wink:
  7. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

That's the trouble with sponsorship....when you lose your sponsor or leave a band your diet changes!!!!!

I now avoid a certain bakery chain and now I'll have to make me own puddings.....

Hope you find a sensibly-named sponsor soon!

Rach x
  8. Heather

Heather Member

I'm not too good at making my own Yorkshire Puds as they always stick to the tin but no more Aunt Bessies for me either!

Best of luck to your band.
    I'm sure you'll survive without the sponsorship. In some ways losing it makes your band stronger.
    Maybe something else is on the horizon. All the best.
  9. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

At least you have had the sense to drop your sponsors name. I can never understand why some bands continue 'wearing' ex-sponsors names for years after they have stopped receiving the benefits of sponsorship. Why give free advertising?
  10. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

we've never had a proper sponsorship so have never had anything to lose really... :D so there are good points to being un-sponsored ;)
    at least no-one has an excuse for gettin us and EYB mixed up now! There's still Besses Boys to get rid of though... hmm... :evil: They will all fall in the end.. mwhahahhahaha :twisted:
  11. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

What is wrong with Besses Boys?

12. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

it was a joke...
    world domination???
    Dr. Eeeeeevil???

oh well.. it was a good effort
  13. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

HI Aidan

Okay you are forgiven!!!!!!

14. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

ha ha :D
    another one to the cause

i can see a Moderater: Return to topic please coming up!!! ;)
  15. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Aidan you fool!

Am I mistaken in thinking Besses were sponsored by JW Lees Aidan? Before your time I realise, but I'm sure they have had sponsorship. Even if it was rubbish.
  16. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

they only sponsored the bar didnt they!!! and bought some nice badges for our crappy uniforms :D
  17. Valvecap

Valvecap Member

Cheers for all the messages of support guys and gals... Am sure EYB will continue for many years to come...

Comedy moment though...

Before Aunt Bessies, we were sponsored by Lada Cars... (although never used there name with the band title...
  18. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Aidan, having your beer paid for is a huge sponsorship for a band!!!!
  19. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

haha.. Lada Brass... quality :D

trouble was.. no-one like JW Lees bitter ;) and it was only discounted anyway.. still had to buy it.. i think Ron ended up giving a load away cos no-one would drink it!
  20. hornblower

hornblower Member

JW Lees is awful, all of it, think the only reason they survive is the stranglehold they have over pubs in my parents area... :( not good when you are a real ale drinker like my family all are! Did you have to use their stuff at your gigs then? oh dear!
    We have had some brilliant support from the Federation Breweries in Dunston...and their beer is quite tasty!!!! :lol: