Abergavenny MD steps down.

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by JessopSmythe, May 11, 2006.

1. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

Abergavenny Borough Band are disappointed to announce that its’ current Musical Director, Alun F. Williams is stepping down from the position due to work commitments, although he won’t be severing all ties with the Band.

Alun commented:
    “I would like to thank all the members of the band and the committee for their support and hard work during the two and a half years I have been with the band. During this time the band have given some excellent concerts and are doing well to maintain the standard required at Championship level. I am sorry to leave the band at this exciting time in their development, but due to full work commitments, it has become very difficult to maintain the commitment and preparation required for the band. I hope to still be involved with the band in some capacity and I wish them all the success for the future”.

In respect to the question of a replacement, Chairman, Eric Powell stated:
    “The Band will be advertising for a new Musical Director and is keen to ensure the right person is appointed to take the band forward. It’s an exciting time for the Band at the moment with a large contingent of young players and the benefit of well attended rehearsals.”

If you are interested in this or any other position with the band, please click here for more details
    Last edited: May 11, 2006