Aaaargh

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Jay, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Jay

Jay Member

I left my jeans in the bandstand in Bournemouth where I had to get changed lmao...sooo stupid, they were expensive too! :(

2. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

That was rather stupid wasn't it?!

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Did you come home wearing just your knickers then Jay... ;);) hehehehe

4. Jay

Jay Member

No, I came home wearing my band trousers!!!

5. Jay

Jay Member

I know lol :p I felt pretty stupid too when I had to phone one of the adults in the band to say "I LEFT MY TROUSERS THERE!!!"

6. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Did you get them back in the end?

7. Jay

Jay Member

Nooo still not got them back :'( they probably scavved them cuz they were so nice!!

8. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Welcome to learning the hard way! Bet you wont do it again in a hurry tho! :)

9. Jay

Jay Member

Yeah lol :p It wasnt my fault though! I just forgot to remember them :(

10. sugarandspice

Umm, spot the mistake in that sentence!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    jeans
    bandstand
    Bournemouth
    sooo stupid
    lmao
  12. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Lol... is it that there was no full stop at the end? :confused: Forgetting to remember could be the other... :tongue:

13. sugarandspice

Of course..........what do we need to remember with our writing today children? Capital letters and full stops! Hmmm!! Reckon it's probably more along the lines of an Oxymoron?

Hmmm! Enough said on the matter i think!

14. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Agreed... but please, I thinnk you should capitalise that 'I'... don't want to set a bad example now do we? ;) :p

15. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

At the end of every band job we always do an "idiot check" - you know have a look round where you've been playing make sure we've not left the music, any instruments, full kit etc. Now I know why it's called an idiot check ;) .

Even found a proper definition of the word

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MUSICIAN'S JARGON: Idiot-check, noun, a final check of the immediate staging area, after a band or set has been struck, to ascertain that no equipment or belongings have been left behind."[/FONT]

16. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Lol never heard of that one before! Good idea... we should all do that... lots of idiots in the bands I go to!

17. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Excellent idea - we always have a person designated to do the final "sweep" of both the performance and warm-up areas to prevent such disasters.

18. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Well I do that after Junior Orchestra concerts/ rehearsals... they don't seem to realise that I'm not their parent though... I do expect senior orchestra and senior band to clear up themselves though seeing as they are generally older than I am anyway!

19. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

We even do the same after our rehearsals - at Killamarsh we use a local Church Hall and all our equipment gets locked away afterwards. I especially do this if we have a job/concert coming up - that way we hopfully don't leave anything behind - however you can't always account for people.

We only take the music that we are going to play at a job and have separate plastic wallets for this and they all store in a small plastic carry case - we have 3 large plastic boxes that hold our normal rehearsal pads. This means we don't have to lug all these boxes to the job. So last rehearsal before a job all the relevant music is placed in order in the wallets - this is then taken to the concert.

So we get to the concert on Sunday and 2nd trombones can't find their music - first of all check the box - empty, second ask around band if anyones picked up 2nd trom by mistake - no, finally ask trombone section what they did with wallet - answer "left it on a chair and then it dissappeared" - solution - "somebody" put it back inside Rehearsal folder and put that in box - grrh - so "idiot checks" don't always work at rehearsal. So you can check what's left but if it can go wrong it will go wrong. This was the first time since we adopted this system that it's every gone wrong just unfortunately on this particular occasion there were no 2nd troms at rehearsal when the music was put away.

20. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Good idea, should try it!

21. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Would like to ask Tubafran what happened to the idiot check when he allegedly left all the music in the back of his car when he took it in for service to dealer resulting in no music at band rehearsal which later turned out to be there all the time.
    Bring back Ron and Shaggy supports me in this lol we need a Vice President

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    jeans
    bandstand
    Bournemouth
    sooo stupid
    lmao