A Skegness excursion?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by midwalesman, Jan 11, 2006.

1. midwalesman

midwalesman Member

I'm not sure whether this is the right place to put this but nevermind. I'm thinking of going to the Butilns event for the first time and am looking for accomodation on the Saturday night. I looked on the website and you can only get a room for the whole weekend (or in my ineptitude that was what I found) which was a massive £144 or something like that. Is there anyone out there who fancies going and staying on the Saturday night or have a spare room that I can use (obviously paying my way!)??? I would really like to go but don't fancy going back and forth to Skeggy from Hudds both days. Can anyone help?
  2. impycornet

impycornet Member

3. persins

persins Member

Surely that just gets in the way of a massive drinking session?!

Rich, If I was able to go, I could have helped you out, but since I'm not, I can't!
  4. midwalesman

midwalesman Member

Indeed, I could go and play but I don't fancy the St Magnus part of it! I've heard it and I definitely don't fancy it lol Rob do you not think that your fair maiden deserves a holiday??? Good British institution like Butlins!! ;-)

Damn, I'll miss the drinking :-( but then again I'll be able to remember the day instead of the normal haze!
  5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Wish I could help you our Richard, but I'm not able to go either.
  6. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

I think you should just go and some nice person will feel sorry for you and let you kip in their room. When I lived at home in the North East I hardly ever had anywhere to stay at contests, but always found somewhere to sleep!
  7. midwalesman

midwalesman Member

Yes Jayne I seem to remember that majesty of yours to stay at places that you hadn't thought of beforehand....hee hee
  8. Steve

Steve Active Member

Great minds and all that Jayney!!! I will be heading there homeless for 3 nights until someone drunk enough offers me a bed.
  9. lausonbass

lausonbass Member

well i posted a while ago on the butlins thread so if anyone wants to share then i'll split the cost.
  10. lausonbass

lausonbass Member

is anyone else looking for somewhere to stay on the saturday night?
  11. Di

Di Active Member

Does anyone know what the entry fee is? There's a number to ring to book day visits, but I won't be able to do that until I get home from work tomorrow.
  12. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

It's an agreed sum of money that you pay to the organisers, and in return they let you in. :tup :cool:
  13. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

I beleive day tickets for Saturday are 12.50 but I'm not sure if I also read that there were no day tickets for the Sunday.
  14. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I don't think that's the case, we have a few people only coming over for the Saturday to play. I'm sure not every player is staying for the whole weekend
  15. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I didn't book a day visit last year, and I haven't done this year either. Do we need to? :confused:
  16. Cornishwomble

None of our lot are doing this, as far as we know you turn up on the gate and it's £12 to get in
  17. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

That's OK then - I was worried for a minute! Thought my band were going to have to play without me! Thinking about it, they might be more successful if that was the case..... ;)
  18. Cornishwomble

If our day-trippers weren't let in it would be a reverse case of the Great Escape! We'd be digging tunnels in and trying to jump the fence on motorbikes :eek:
  19. Janet Watkins

Janet Watkins Member

I have rung Butlins this morning regarding Day Passes. They can be paid for and reserved in advance for collection at the gate if you wish to pay by card. They will only take cash on the day at the gate. No day tickets are available for Sunday.

Prices are £12 for age 14 and over or £6 for 13 and under.

Hope this clears up some questions.

I am there with Whitwell Brass Band, defending their Third Section title. Hopefully I'll bump into some familiar and not so familiar tMP faces.

Good luck to all bands competing this year.
  20. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

It's tomorrow!! :) well the whole adventure starts for us starts tonight as we are traveling at stupid a clock on the morning!! Have a very long, (bound to be boring) stop in the middle of london, and get there around 5, yay!! :) Any ideas as to how to keep occupied on a bus for 12 hours?!!

Roy, looking forward to seeing you and linda again, good luck!! :) and see everyone tomorrow evening! :) Make sure you all say hello!