"A Shot in the Dark"

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by satchmo shaz, Jan 11, 2007.

1. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

Hi experts, doea anyone know where I can get hold of an arrangement of Mancini's "A Shot in the Dark"
    Does anyone know if its in the BB arrangement of Mancini's Magic:-?
    also has anyone got a set of pennies from heaven I can borrow or has anyone published it
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  2. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

Carlton Main Frickley have an arrangement, they used it one year at Spennymoor but afaik it's not published.
  3. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

It may be in a piece called In The Pink which includes A Shot in the Dark and the Pink Panther Theme, its published by Kirklees Music.

Maybe try there website www.kirkleesmusic.co.uk

4. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Carlton Brass have played an arrangement of this this fairly recently. As we are borrowing your hubby for Butlin's I should think we can 'do a swap'
  5. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

No it isn't. The BB arrangement of Mancini Magic is different (and not half as good IMO) as the wind band version, which does include "A Shot in the Dark".
  6. satchmo shaz

oooh cheers Ray! but can I have him back when you have finished with him!!;)
  7. satchmo shaz

thank you , might have to get that one;)
  8. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

"In the Pink" arr by Alan Catherall is an arrangement of the theme from A Shot in the Dark. I don't know whether it's in print though.
  9. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

Have just had a look on Kirklees for you and In The Pink is arranged by M Jackson.

Hope this helps!
  10. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

And - blatant sales pitch- it appears on Ever Ready Band's CD "Completely Catherall", available from 4bars rest and all good record shops...;) :p :p
    Safer to go with the Kirklees arrangement, I think.