A Public THANK YOU to the Sykes Family.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Rapier, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I'd like to publicly thank the Sykes family, Steve, Steve (jnr) and Mummy Sykes (Joanne I think, but apologise for not knowing). They travelled to Minehead and took the stage with us for a charity Concert.

Now that may be no big thing to some of you, but for two little 'village' type bands, that normally play to two men and a dog, or on a good day, 3 men two dogs and some sheep, it was huge. Not only did they play two truly outstanding solos each, but sat in and played all of the concert with us. It really was an honour to play on the same stage.

The audience loved it. I was even phoned at 8.0am. on a Sunday morning by an audience member, who wanted to tell me how great the evening was!

So again Thanks Steve, Steve and Mum, it really was an experience we will talk of for years.

Dave
    Watchet Town Band

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Public
    Thanks Steve
    THANK
    Joanne I
    family
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Glad it went well Dave. I have to agree with you, Steve, Jo and family are class.

4. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I think my bass section will soon get a bit fed up with me copying the 'Meercat.dot. com advert.'

''You playing Eb Bass, Steve Sykes playing Eb Bass. Don't even sound same.'' said in a silly foreign accent. :)

Still, I can always use it on the Trombones when that gets boring. ;)

5. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member