A plea for help

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by ian101, Feb 25, 2006.

1. ian101

ian101 New Member

:biggrin: Hi can anyone help,

A new brass band has been setup in the village of South Kirkby West Yorkshire.To get to the point we are in need of music hymn books ect.A donation or short term loan of any music for new band would be helpful.If any bandsman/woman can offer any help it would be recieved with great thanks.As you may understand that any new band has to start from the begining but I do feel that this is a perfect opportunity to make sure that the banding culture and enjoyment is passed on to the next generation of young adults within the community.Thankyou for read this post and help would be very much appreciated.

I Dodd South Kirkby Renaissance Band Chairman
  2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I shall PM you with a lil something................ :)
  3. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I live in Ryhill a couple of miles from South Kirkby, if you ever need a flugel/ cornet and baritone for any concerts give me a shout on here and if I'm not busy with, Marsden me and the wife would love to help you out
  4. ian101

ian101 New Member

Many thanks for that offer Roy - I will no doubt take this offer up in the future. I live just down the road from you in Shafton.
  5. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Very best of luck. It's so good to hear of bands starting up rather than folding up.

I'll happily donate any piece from the Dragon Music catalogue. Please have a look and let me know.

6. alanl58

alanl58 Member

We had the same problem three years ago when we set up a new band in Bude.

Good luck with the venture, I will PM you with our experiences.

Bude Metric Brass
  7. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

You could always contact both of the Frickley Bands for a ive into thier library. They are only a couple of miles away in South Elmsall.

Out of intrest where abouts in Kirkby are you rehearsing?

Best of Luck
    Gareth ( Former Upton Resident again only a couple of miles away.)