A newbie here!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by dikkezeug, Oct 10, 2005.

1. dikkezeug

dikkezeug New Member

Hello all,

Just a few words to introduce myself. My name is Wouter and I have been playing bass with Carlton Brass for about 6 years now and thoroughly enjoying it.

Looking forward to reading and posting on here and see what is happening in the world of banding.
  2. HBB

HBB Active Member

Hi there!

Hope you enjoy theMouthpiece.com. We're all pretty friendly really! :D

(I mostly hang out in the random section - where I belong!)

All the Best

3. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Hello Wouter!

Are you Dutch or Flemish by any chance? And how did you end up in an English band?
    Just being nosy!

Enjoy tMP,

4. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Hi Wouter, welcome to tMP - it is about time Ray convinced a few more of the Carlton Brass lot to get signed up on here! As for how Wouter got involved in british banding Dinie, I seem to remember him turning up at a rehearsal with a souzaphone :D

5. dikkezeug

dikkezeug New Member

Yep, Originally from Holland. (Used to play with Harmonie Orkest Haarlem and Haarlems Straat Orkest). Moved to the UK 61/2 years ago and picked up playing again after a break of 2 years. Decided one day to join a brassband band and Rachel is right about me turning up with me souzaphone. (Id didn't know any better). That contraption has been the cause of a few laughs over the years! Must get it repaired.
  6. Di

Di Active Member

Do I look like Jan? :confused:;)

Hi there Wouter, glad to have you with us. :)
  7. Jan H

lol, I can imagine! :D
    As you can see in my signature, I'm from Belgium and over here, I play in a "fanfare", not even a brass band ;). Nevertheless, the people here on tMP have been verfy friendly to me, and now they even made me the tMP "news reporter" for the Benelux :eek: :biggrin:

Dinie???? :eek::confused:

8. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

ahh come on guys it was really early in the morning!
  9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

. . . and Dinie's always on line ;)
  10. Jan H

And the reason why I was up that early, was that my alarm clock was set to a wrong time, and I thought it was already an hour later. Doh! :mad: