A new brass publisher on its way!

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by Dave Payn, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Work is now in full flow to get my brass publishing business up and running in a few months time. It will cover all aspects of brass (band, ensemble, school groups), though most of the initially released repertoire will consist of arrangements/transcriptions. The brass band side will be mainly aimed at concert works for ambitious lower section bands, to hopefully enhance their repertoire whilst giving them a healthy challenge whilst not ignoring the top section. The first few planned publications are:

A brand new hymn book, containing 60 hymns, most with descants and/or last verse re-harmonisations. Where not impractical, the keys and harmonies of the hymns will match those commonly found in the standard church hymn books, to faciliate performances at church services, choral concerts etc. where an organ may be used.

Some works in the pipeline:

Bach: Selections from Orchestral Suites No.s 1 - 4 - brass band

Selections from Tchaikovsky's Ballet Music (Swan Lake, Sleeping Beauty, Nutcracker) - for brass band

Holst - Hammersmith Prelude and Scherzo - brass band (I shall wait till the copyright expires!)

Holst - Moorside Suite and Fletcher - Labour and Love - rescored for dedicated 10 piece brass band/ensemble - a chance to give lower sections bands short on players an opportunity to enjoy and get some sort of a feel for old but classic test pieces.

Faure - Pavane - 7 and 10 piece brass versions

Mendelssohn - Wedding March from A Midsummer Night's Dream 6 piece and 10 piece brass versions.

Bach - The Art of Fugue (complete) for 10 piece brass.

Brass For All Music (as it will be called) will hopefully be up and running with at least some of the aforementioned (and maybe others!) by the end of this year.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Brass For All Music
    piece brass band
    piece brass versions
    Scherzo - brass band
    aspects of brass
  3. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Good luck with the new venture Dave. Look forward to hearing some of the arrangements.

:wink:

4. davidsait

davidsait Member

Will your 10piece arrangements come with F Horn / B.C. Tuba parts? Our symphonic group is lacking new music at the moment.....

5. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I'm pleased to say all ensemble works will cater for brass band/orchestral brass instrumentation, with doubled parts or Eb/F Horn, Eb/BC tuba (and in some cases Bb bass too), trombones and euphonium in both bass clef and treble.

Hope this helps, David

6. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Many thanks Roger. The ensemble stuff (other than Moorside) has been tried and tested already so I hope they'll be well received. Ballet Suites are 'in preparation'!

7. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

yeh good luck to ya, i should hope you'll be scouting for new talent?

kate xx

8. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Due to outstanding commitments here in London, I shall be deferring the launch of Brass For All Publishing until early next year, but what I can promise you is information on more works in the pipeline!

Mars from the Planets (brass band/percussion) - Holst arr. Payn - in its original key, with the occasional use of a second soprano (no extra players required!) (Mid 2005 - awaiting public domain status!)

Pièce Héroïque: (brass band/percussion) César Franck arr. Payn (Early -mid 2005)

Fugue on a theme of Corelli (brass quintet) Bach arr. Payn (Early 2005)

I Was Glad: (10 piece brass/brass band ensemble and percussion) C. Hubert H. Parry arr. Payn. Famous choral anthem. Arranged from the organ part, designed to act as an accompaniment to the choir, can be played with or without organ. (Early 2005)

9. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Dave

Very best of luck. There are lots of pieces there which could well be of interest to us.

And I hope that all your customers pay their bills!!! :twisted:

Cheers!

D

10. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I think the smaller scoring is a great idea (not just for lower section bands). Sometimes a band needs the money from a gig, but can't get the whole band together.

I wish there was a 'march book' like the 'hymn book'. It's be nice to have all the goodies in one place. (We have a Fillmore March book with about 15-20 marches, but only 2 or 3 of them are that good.)

11. drummerboy

drummerboy Member

I might be wrong, but I think there's one or two in the UK. I swear there's one by Wright and Round, and certainly one by the SA.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Brass For All Music
    piece brass band
    piece brass versions
    Scherzo - brass band
    aspects of brass
  13. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Best of Luck Dave, I'm pretty sure we'll be putting in an order for some ensemble stuff (moorside suite would be great for Ensemble contests!).

All the best mate :wink: