A message from His Highness

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by The Cornet King, Jul 12, 2005.

1. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Hi All, I'm The Cornet King otherwise known as Chris Hoyle. (I believe as the only King on tMP i am the divine ruler of all, but as yet i'm still waiting for someone to share that with and so eagerly await the new member 'The Cornet Queen') ;)

I live in Huddersfield and currently play with the United Co-op Yorkshire band and started playing the cornet when i was 10.
    I played with Clifton and Lightcliffe band from 2000-2003 before heading off to University in Hull where i joined the Cottingham Band and played for 3 years.
    At University i studied History and attained a 2:1 BA honours degree. I also endured many painful mornings of hangovers, the sweet scent of my housemates vomit on our stairs and a pub quiz team victory landing the team with £916.03! :p

So anyone out there studying history at A-Level or degree level and find themselves stuck give me a shout and i may be able to help!! :p

When i'm not playing cornet you'll also see me out and about on the golf course (beating Ploughboy, sorry Garry). I play to a handicap of 6 so its considerably better than my cornet playing! CornetGirl once told me its a good walk spoilt...more often than not its its a good walk made even better but there are odd times when its highly frustrating.
    5 a side footie has taught me how unfit i am, 3 years of abuse at Uni didnt help, but who knows one day i may be able to finish a half, all 5 minutes of it!

My favourite tipple is Real Ale and/or guinness...Guinness and Port comes highly recommended, if not make it a double glenfiddich.

The Mouthpiece is great fun, highly addictive but gives you chance to meet loads of new friends, and turn you into a BOC...join tMP and you'll soon know what that means!

So thats it, my life story in a nutshell...*Yawn*...speak to some of you soon.
  2. Di

Di Active Member

Hi Chris and :hi.

Here's hoping to meeting your queen on tMP. We could do with another tMP wedding. ;)
  3. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Yeah - let's get BMB back on the matchmaking!!! I'm doing my best to find him a suitable lady!

Rach x
  4. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Think i've opened (totally unexpectantly) a right can of worms here...any more people want to audition for a position as Cilla Black??? ;)

Still up for that game of golf Rach? I know how much you love the sport...
  5. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Running away Rach x