A little light relief - Band mascots!!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by brass journo, Sep 23, 2004.

1. brass journo

brass journo Member

So - who's band has a band mascot (either living or stuffed so to speak!).

Why do you have one, what's it called and does it bring you any luck!

Over the years we have had a few. First there was a monkey in 1998, then in 1999 two aliens made an appearance at the Swiss Open but they got filled with cigar smoke and one consequently died and the other disappeared the following year in St. George's Hall with a band tie on (probably used it after the result!).

Then there was Muff the Lion who made his debut appearance in Blackpool in 2003 for the Grand Shield but he only had one year's luck in him that blatently rubbed off this year!

When in Newtongrange for Brass in the Park this year we gained our latest mascots - we just 'picked them up one night' - well our 2nd trom player did.

They are the 'little people' and they have magical skills for turning off light switches or so our 2nd trom (mr IJK, renowned to many on this forum!) believes!

Hopefully the little people may last longer than other mascots - they certainly cause mroe amusement! I believe they can now also be found in Chesterfield!!

So - who else has mascots. I'm sure a little light relief would do all some good!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    people
    relief
    band
    band mascot
    IJK
  3. I love the little people :)

Actually i think IJK also love the little people - more than he loves me - it's very distressing :)

4. brass journo

brass journo Member

I find IJK distressing too!
    anyway - any band mascots anyone? I know some bans even have them registered at the registry!

5. impycornet

impycornet Member

We don't need some cheesy stuffed comic looking mascot........ We have WellWorthIt !! :-D :-D :-D

6. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure Lucky Beever will pitch in on this thread before long...now children, can you guess what her mascot could be??? :D

7. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Well.... Our band mascot.. (well for about 6 of us anyway hehe) was a beany bag Dory from Finding Nemo.... Just cus she was a legendary character, which got mentioned a lot after the film came out (legendary film ;) ) And after mum won me one in France :p ... It became the mascot at the finals! :biggrin: Yes.. It's sad....:redface:

8. HBB

HBB Active Member

We had a "ewe" for a while ... as in Yiewsley :( (ewe-sley)

9. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

When I played for the Central Ohio Brass Band we had a little stuffed corn COBB. I think one of the baritone players still has it.

10. em_d

em_d Member

my youth band had a massive teddy as our mascot on our recent tour to switzerland-he came in very handy as a pillow on the 24hr coach journey!!!

11. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

At the Mineworkers one year Point of Ayr "adopted" a 10 foot tall inflatable can of beer belonging to the contest sponsors as a (rather appropriate) band mascot.

Only kept it for about 5 minutes though (until we were accosted by the security guards and were too "tired and emotional" to think of saying that we were taking it outside for a photo-call).

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    people
    relief
    band
    band mascot
    IJK
  13. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

You would have thought we could have kept it Ron....the Security guards left it on the pavement only for it to be "nicked" by Grimey a few mins later...
    Still have the Photos of Bjorn in his little viking helmet...

14. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Don't say that Rob, The SHERIFF will put you in the cells.

15. IJK

IJK Member

When in Newtongrange for Brass in the Park this year we gained our latest mascots - we just 'picked them up one night' - well our 2nd trom player did.

They are the 'little people' and they have magical skills for turning off light switches or so our 2nd trom (mr IJK, renowned to many on this forum!) believes!

Hopefully the little people may last longer than other mascots - they certainly cause mroe amusement! I believe they can now also be found in Chesterfield!!

Can I just say that the little people are really and they have their own web site at www.fisher-price.com/us/littlepeople.

16. Lucky Beaver

Lucky Beaver Member

Aheeeem!!! Yes indeedy....now in need of repair following the treatment it received after our Finals result! Probably the most unlucky lucky beaver around but I persevere......

17. brass journo

brass journo Member

Goodness knows how you found that or why, but you're right!! There are some other ones in the Early Learning Centre too!!!

18. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

They look utter STUPID stuck in front of the Band when you are playing

19. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

u look utter stupid?... or the mascots?