A lighthearted retrospective of the tMP Hadleigh Concert

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Apr 10, 2005.

1. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I have to say I thought Kirsty and I made a great team - I don't think I'd have got through the rehearsal and the concert if we hadn't have been playing as a team. I was great to have a strong and very good player alongside to lean on during my many wobbles in the concert.

It was interesting though...during a break in the procedings I was talking to someone who said "I bet your both fighting over who plays the solos", well in fact, the opposite is true. At one point it was the first of us who gave up during the bars rest and picked up ready to play, that ended up being the person who played the solo....:D

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  2. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I understand from a little birdie that I am being nominated for the "scariest conductor of the year" category in the tMP 36 month awards.

Frankly, having seen the photograph of the rehearsal, I resemble that remark... :biggrin:

3. Jasonp

Jasonp Member

Ha Ha Ha.....you've got my vote :eek:

4. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

And I will second it ;)

5. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Oh yes. And as I have got 2 pictures (not yet appeared on the Gallery!!!!) I will third that. If I'd thought about it I would've done a video - that would have been really scary :biggrin:;)

Cheers

6. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

do you mean that you posted them and they haven;t yet appeared, or that you have yet to post them?

7. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

John asked me to send them to him - there were 35 of them - which I did and I left it up to him as to which (if any) were suitable for posting in the Gallery.

Cheers

8. jmb83

jmb83 Member

A Tour would be great, more chance to make more noise!!!:biggrin:

9. Will the Sec

I would point out, in my defence, that there was a firm emphasis on "showmanship" when conducting the tMP Fanfare Trumpet Brigade, and that my usual style of conducting is far more reserved. :cool:

Ah thang yow.

Will the Opportunist

10. Jasonp

Jasonp Member

Will, you were rocking dude...:metal:

11. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Just a quick note it was a pleasure playing with two sops Brian made it so easy,See Sop player CAN be subtle, and blend, but do not tell my own band,They would think I am ill.Rehearsing Triumphant Rhapsody at the mo, it seems Quite tame after the Hadleigh Do!!:clap:

12. Will the Sec

Well, the one photo of the fanfare trumpets that WAS posted was kinda lively - the content of the others may be too much for the tMP world to deal with...

13. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Ditto, ditto, ditto! I hadn't played quite a lot of that music before, so it was very useful being able to rest in the bits that Ian knew! ;)

Very true - it was a bit like a game of chicken... "If he doesn't pick it up in the next 5 seconds, I'm going to have to play this" sort of thing!

It was really good sitting next to Ian, I was a bit worried that we'd fight over things, but we split things up pretty evenly and both survived the night very well. (Shame I didn't leave the last note in Bass in the Ballroom to him though... :oops: ). Everyone who knows me well knows my thoughts on more than one flugel in a band, but in this sort of situation it's a lifesaver!