A lighthearted retrospective of the tMP Hadleigh Concert

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Apr 10, 2005.

1. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

tMP tour? :D

2. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Or how about a tMP course, a la Wortley?

Hmmm... We could get an amazing set of tutors just from within tMP members...

3. HBB

HBB Active Member

I thought that was Elin...

4. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

to Belgium? ;)

5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

If you could guarantee raising good money for charity in the process Jan... why not??:tup

6. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I'm up for a Belgian trip! Can't beat Trapiste beer and, Mussels and chips

7. Jan H

oops, what did I say... :eek:

although it would be indeed great, from now until the middle of July I won't even have time to think about it unfortunately... :frown:
    But certainly something to keep in mind for the future...

8. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

See you might now be responsible for an invasion of Bandies!!!!!

9. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Trip abroad sounds ace!

Nearly with you all the way Mr Taylor particularily re: Trapiste beers .... don't like mussels very much but absolutely love the smell of them cooking....yummmmm, I'd be the one sniffing your pots of mussels!!

HBB - it was both of us who defected last Whits, but we're ready to be forgiven and rejoin the ranks if you'll let us ;)

10. Jan H

No problem, we can handle it. I'm sure our beer supplies are more then sufficient :biggrin:
    Of course anyone who is ever travelling in the neighbourhood, is always welcome at our band (but it's in the north-east of Belgium, which is not the most popular with foreign tourists).
    Also bands that want to do a tour over here (North of Belgium / South of the Netherlands), I can try to help you get in contact with local bands (brass band or others), if you're interested!

I'd like to add that the village were I live, Achel, is one of the 6 villages with an official Trappist brewery (this meens that the beer is brewed by the monks of the Trappist abbey in our village and the money is only used for the abbey) ;)

11. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Go for it!! Woooooooooo!! :biggrin::clap:

12. HBB

HBB Active Member

Vicki.... :grr:

13. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

How about to the North America? You could do a trip from New York to Chicago passing through Canada...kind of like a tMP crusade to get more members ;)

14. Jasonp

Jasonp Member

The secret in playing those beasts is not to over blow because the bell is so far away from you. You get the impression that nothings coming out so you try and over compensate resulting in every note being split against the back wall. You'd be surprised how loud they come across, even playing at mf.
    Considering there were only 2 of us in the fanfare team that had played them before I thought it went very well. Great job guys, well done :clap:

15. Will the Sec

Hear, hear.

Thanks, guys...

16. repiano

repiano New Member

Ah so that's why trombones are always too loud! :cool:
    (Doesn't explain sops, though!)

hehehe

17. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

We just do it 'cos we can! Hehe

18. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Hadleigh Concert

Really had a great day, Thanks!! great to meet up with some of you at last, Do you think two sops on the march at Whit Fri is enough, Now a full row at the back of the band,the troms at the front may just hear us , could suggest as new whit Fri format,
    Again thanks for a good day and evening, Looking forward to next one, and a TOUR???, how about a slogan, "You Have a Charity, Have Band Will Travel

19. Will the Sec

I think after the weekend, especially your Dixie playing, Dave, membership of SPAS has gone up exponentially....

20. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

While we're talking of sops, one of the things that struck me on Saturday was how well things worked with the two sops (and the two flugels) when there can often be clashes, either of tone or temperament!