A great BIG Thanks From All at Wem.

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by super_sop, Dec 19, 2005.

1. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Thought I'd post a great big thanks to those tmp'ers who helped to make our concert on Saturday night such a huge success.
    The concert was made all the more enjoyable by our excellent sop dep Mr Dave Redhead, My bumper-up for the evening (and it felt strange having him sat on my left instead of right) Steve Clapton.
    On horn was the ever so cuddley, and talented Miss vickitorious, on Baritone was sat the bestist mum in the world Dinie, on bass trombone sat Mr Jessop-Smythe.
    And last, but not least, the young man who seemed just as happy to sit principal 3rd Eb bass for the youth band as he did sat on tenor trombone for the senior band, Mr steve March.
    What made the evening even more special for me on a personal note was to stand alongside Dave to play Roger's brilliant arrangement of Silent Night, for Eb and Bb cornet.

Thank you one and all on behalf of all at Wem Jubilee Band.
    Merry Christmas everybody

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2005
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    steve March.
    Dave Redhead
    Wem
    Dinie
    Jessop
  3. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Thanks Craig. :tup

Many, many thanks to those mentioned above for giving up their time to play with us, not only on the Saturday night, but for coming over for the Friday evening rehearsal too. The concert was a huge success and made even more enjoyable having the tMPer's sat amongst the 36 strong band. :clap:

I hope you all enjoyed the weekend and hope that you can find time to visit us again in the near future.

Now, let's see if Di posts anything about her shoes!!!! :oops:

;)

4. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

What are you talking about?? Principal 3rd Eb bass?? Either he's principal or 3rd.

Thanks all for coming to play. Hope to see you again soon.

Puss

5. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

dude, check Steve's sig and all will become clear!!!!:p

6. Steve

Steve Active Member

Another trip to Wem, another marathon journey home (damn trains) and surely the pinnacle of my banding career thus far. Young and swinging with Wem training band :clap::clap::clap:

Pleasure as always guys, will try and catch the broadcast later this week

And Mumsie was shoeless!!!!!!!!!!! She is clearly spending too much time on tMp to worry herself with pointless tasks like dressing herself properly ;)

7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

At least it avoids the danger of being caught with a pair that don't match ;)

8. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

Thank you to everybody at Wem for a fantastic weekend. My lip should recover in time for christmas eve :rolleyes: Im looking forward to my next visit already!

9. Di

Di Active Member

We had a very enjoyable evening. Thanks to you all for putting up with us. :icon_smile: I think it was wonderful to see a band showcasing their young talent. Fantastic encouragement for them and didn't they do well. :clap:

Roger! How mean is that? :icon_evil: You're not supposed to mention the shoes. :icon_redface: Thanks for the loan of the black socks, they were certainly warmer than tights and a lot better looking that white trainers!

Guilty as charged. :icon_rolleyes:

10. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Yeah well shoes are overrated anyway aren't they Mom?? I mean, they don't let you breath properly or anything! :icon_rolleyes: ...apparently :icon_eek:

11. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Uh-oh I think Di is at the start of a slippery slope: odd shoes, no shoes at all (very Sandy Shaw) next she'll be going to the shops in her slippers and then the final tragic stage - wearing a dressing gown in the street :icon_eek:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2005
  12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    steve March.
    Dave Redhead
    Wem
    Dinie
    Jessop
  13. Di

Di Active Member

Isn't the final stage where you'd forget that too? :eek:

Ahem, cough - blush - wasn't there a discussion about Wem here somewhere? Yes, nice concert, well done guys.