A Grand Day Out

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by euphybeast, Oct 24, 2005.

1. euphybeast

euphybeast Member

We have been having trouble finding music for a wedding. The happy couple want us to play
    A Grand Day Out (the Wallace and Gromit music) while they sign the register.

Can anyone tell us where we could buy the music, or lend it to us?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    A Grand Day Out
    music
    trouble
    couple
    Wallace and Gromit
  3. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

We have actually got this....:eek: :redface: :confused: :oops:

If you can wait until after tomorrow night I'll find out who arranged it (if I remember correctly it's someone local to our band) and who it's published by.

Mind you, I hate it so much as far as i'm concerened you can have the flippin' thing...;)

4. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

i have a copy in my little music box at home (dont ask why :p)

the arranger is David Beal and the publisher is headline music productions :biggrin: :tup

hope this helps

5. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

As far as I'm aware Headline Music went out of business three or four years ago.

D

6. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

"...have a copy in my..." meant to say set... :p

If you wanna borrow it pm me :cool: :tup

7. euphybeast

euphybeast Member

Thanks for your help everyone! I think we are sorted now.

8. Hollso

Hollso Member

I know that Bernard Lawson has made a 10-peice. We've got it out for christmas and the light music we might need.

9. Maggie

Maggie New Member

Is this really the only W&G arrangement?

I'm desperately searching for an arrangement of Wallace and Gromit for full band and can't believe that the only arrangement that has been done is impossible to get hold of!

Does anyone know of any arrangement, or how I can contact someone who knows where I can get hold of Grand Day Out/Wrong Trousers/Close Shave/Curse of the Were-Rabbit - we're really keen to play it this summer and seeing as it's brass band music anyway I really hope that someone reads this and has already found it!

Pleeeeaaaaase??!!

10. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

We used to play it at my junior band but I think it was for an ensemble. Love the piece. I could get hold of it for you.

11. davidsait

davidsait Member

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    A Grand Day Out
    music
    trouble
    couple
    Wallace and Gromit
  13. quantumq4

quantumq4 Member

David Beal is selling his music on eBay under the name 'Captain Crotchet'. I may have spelt that wrong! ;)