A genuine use for an old CD

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by BrianT, Sep 19, 2006.

1. BrianT

BrianT Member

I use an old CD to protect my trumpet bucket mute - a CD is more or less the same size as a trumpet/cornet bell. The claws on the mute grip the CD and stop the other mutes in my bag from puncturing the gauzy material inside the mute. A real use for an old CD! Not much else you can do with them.
  2. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

What? so you mean that I'll have to fix the wonky leg on my coffee table now?
  3. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

I use old CD's and the rubbish free ones from AOL as coasters. Saves buying coasters.
  4. gawber

gawber Active Member

I fasten ribbon to them and hang them on the trees in my garden at Christmas.
  5. 1st Position

1st Position Member

If you undo the two sections of the case, put them back together the wrong way, then put the CD in back to front....... hey presto a portable shaving mirror.
  6. Mister 4x4

Mister 4x4 Member

I've done the same thing to keep unwanted birds out of my trees, and consequently pooping on my truck (the shiney flashing in the breeze scares 'em away).

If you pop them (the CDs - not the birds...) into the microwave for about 4 seconds, you'll have a really cool light show and a Very Cool burned pattern in the CD foil (makes for more stylish coasters).
  7. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Ive noticed a lot of the Taxi drivers round here hang them from their rear view mirror??

"You wanna go Oldham mate innit!!"

8. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

They make nice little frisbees too.
    I used to have a mate who made mosaics out of smashed up CDs to put onto candle holders. Very pretty.
  9. Chris Sanders

My father used to say a chinese proverb too;

"Man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day!!"
  10. Morgans Bach

Morgans Bach Member

...however, if you pop them in for a little MORE than 4 seconds, you'll end up with a loud "BANG!" and a broken microwave! Oops! ;)
  11. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Thank you Sandman. Can always rely on you to go from the sublime to the ridiculous. Here's me, quoting from the distilled wisdom of centuries fom the mysterious Orient, and you go and do something like that. :tongue:

Actually someone told me a similar one once:
    "Man who go to bed with hard problem wake up with solution in hand":oops:
  12. Chris Sanders

Fantastic, I like that one... :clap:
  13. Mister 4x4

Mister 4x4 Member

100+ CDs and counting... same microwave. Except for the burnt plastic smell - no worries.