A drinking woman's guide to wine

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Sam Atherton, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Sam Atherton

Sam Atherton Member

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    woman
    guide
    wine
    drinking woman
    url
  3. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

My sister sent me this a couple of weeks ago, tis great and Pinot Grigio is my favourite white at the moment :biggrin:

4. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

i just love wine full stop... the cheaper the better as its increases its potency! :D

5. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I agree...I once had a nice 2 L of wine in Chile that cost 1200 pesos (about 1 pound 50 at the time).

6. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

My dad did once try to explain the whole wine thing to me... but whichever one wetherspoons have highlighted in purple is the one i usually go for...

7. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

pmsl so true...so true!

8. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I have loved Pinot Grigio for ages, and Chardonnay, and cheap white anti-freeze...

I was very naughty in Blackpool, we went back to the hotel bar, but rather than pay hotel prices I bought a bottle of Lambrini in the offie on the way back and hid it under my chair.

A couple of weeks ago I even bought, get this, a bottle of Concorde! damn that feels good...

A white wine for the little lady, if you please.
    BMB
    xx

9. Jamie

Jamie Member

'Women, on the other hand, just want to drink it until they feel like singing Wichita Linesman, crying, and/or texting someone they shouldn’t.' :clap:

That is actually me... usually Whitney as opposed to Wichita, but the sentiment is the same...
    But after last night (or rather this morning) I'm off wine for a while! Seems I can drink a bottle of bacardi and feel all right, but a bottle of wine makes me feel like quite a lot of poo the day after! Am sure this will last all of 5 minutes, or as long as it takes to get to the nearest wine-serving establishment...!:rolleyes:

10. Miss Presley

Miss Presley Member

Wine makes me frisky! (*blush*)

Drank a whole bottle of Piat D'or medium white to myself last night along with a bag of Starburst juicy jellies whilst watching Stepford Wives on Front Row,

t'was marvellous, aaaaaaaaaaa..................

11. bigmamabadger

I have to say that alcohol in general doesn't make me frisky. Outrageously flirty and very very cuddly, but usually nothing more than that.

Is there something wrong with me, do you think?
    Cuddly Badger
    xx

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    woman
    guide
    wine
    drinking woman
    url
  13. HBB

HBB Active Member

Nah - it's cool to have a huggy person!

14. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

The article's a bit too feminist for my liking. But I'm glad people are drinking wine, it's second on my list of cultured drinks after single malt. Of course French wine is the best - Chateauneuf du Pape thankyouverymuch!

15. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

and me, it affects me more if I have about 3-4 glasses, I usually drink far too much and then just go to slurry/sleepy stage.

16. cornetshell

cornetshell Member

My uncle always told me to put your finger 'up' the bottom of the bottle- and the deeper it goes the nice the wine-

it has nothing to do with the taste apparently- its just companies wont put cheap wine in an expensive bottle :cool:

try it....

17. bigmamabadger

[​IMG]
    BMB
    xx

18. bigmamabadger

Troll, troll, troll, troll,
    Troll, troll, troll, troll....:tongue:
    BMB
    xx

19. Hear, Hear, Well said that man

20. ScrapingtheBottom

A man of taste and distinction I salute you.

21. bigmamabadger

Can't drink it, for reasons I shudder even to put down in a PM, and which would probably have me banned for life if I posted them up here...
    BMB
    xx

22. ScrapingtheBottom

All the more for me then. :biggrin: