A Downland Suit - 2nd Baritone Part

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by ari01, Jun 20, 2016.

1. ari01

ari01 Active Member

My band got this out the other day but unfortunately the 2nd Baritone part was missing....

Is anyone out there able / prepared to scan me a copy??

2. Bbmad

Bbmad Active Member

!!! Oh goodness!!

3. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

A Downland Suite is still protected by copyright in most countries.

4. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

Certainly still copyright in this country. Please contact the publisher (R Smith & Co) to replace this part.

5. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

Surely that doesn't matter in this case ? It was probably thrown away by the last 2nd Baritoner due to copious amounts of twiddles and daft key signatures. The present one will do the same so just let them have it !

6. ari01

ari01 Active Member

Ahahahaha brilliant.. :)

7. ari01

ari01 Active Member

And what's this about Europe telling us we can't even photocopy music we actually buy legitimately or have I misunderstood!!

8. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

Rep part will be the next one to go missing ! ;)

ari01 likes this.
  9. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

Yes - you have misunderstood

10. Anglo Music Press

Yes, misunderstood. It was a decision by our High Court. No reason for a Brexit!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Downland Suit
    Baritone
    band
    day
    copy
  12. ari01

ari01 Active Member

I was referring more to whether we can photocopy or not ... (I'll save the Euro stuff for the in/out debate...

13. Anglo Music Press

The High Court has apparently overturned a Government initiative to make an exception to the copyright law, allowing copying of legally acquired music for personal use.
    To be fair, the reference to 'copying music' probably refers to ripping CDs etc, rather than copying sheet music. (We are in the minority!). I've tried to read the judgement
    http://www.ukmusic.org/assets/gener...demy_of_Songwriters_Composers_and_Authors.pdf
    but only understand half the words!

Slider1 likes this.
  14. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

In the first paragraph at page 7 it says
    "That purchaser cannot, however, under the exception, copy that content and give it to a family member, friend or colleague and cannot copy it for any commercial use."
    So to copy for your "colleagues" in the band would not have been lawful anyway.