A discerning ear?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by JessopSmythe, Jun 25, 2007.

1. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

James, my 3 year old monster is already a bit of a brass fan. He knows that I play the trombone so, at the moment, all brass music is "Trombone music". When we get in the car to go anywhere he insists that we have drums and trombones on the radio. Yesterday, I put a big band CD in to see what he thought of that. Obviously not so keen on the woodwind sounds he listened for about 30 seconds before asking

"Daddy, have you got proper trombone music, I think these is broken"

2. hellyfrost

hellyfrost Member

Wow! He's been trained well! :clap:
  3. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Alex, my four soon to be five year old, when asked what he wanted to listen to on the stereo asked for Year of The Dragon. He then sat and listened to it for the duration, finally asking me if it was about the Power Rangers!
  4. hellyfrost

hellyfrost Member

Please stop! I'll get broody again :tongue:
  5. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Not three words you often hear together in the same sentence!! :tongue:
  6. Di

Di Active Member

I think I've said this elsewhere, but when Vicki was a wee tiny baby, the only thing I could get her to sleep with was French Military March and Light Cavalry! During the last couple of months of pregnancy we were rehearsing these two pieces for a concert. I really can't remember how we ended playing these to her, but we actually had a Williams Faireys tape with these as the first two items. Play those and off she went. If she hadn't properly "gone" by the end of Light Cavalry and the next piece started, she'd start wailing again until we rewound the tape and started again. :rolleyes:
  7. andyp

andyp Active Member

Our eldest would go crazy in the womb whenever we rehearsed "Mars" from the Planets. We reckon she didn't like the 5/4 rhythm!
  8. hellyfrost

hellyfrost Member

Thanks guys! I'm totally broody now and scaring my poor husband! :D