a couple of whit friday questions...

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by sparkling_quavers, May 31, 2009.

1. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I am staying over at a hotel in Castleton. Anyone know how much a taxi from there into saddleworth would cost. It is between 7 and 10 miles depending on which village we decide to go to.

Although I have been to the Whits a number of time I have always been playing and the villages tend to merge into each other in my memories! Which village would you recommend where we can see the big bands, but also be able to get enough space for a picnic blanket? I am thinking of Dobcross?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Castleton
    Whits
    space
    couple of whit friday questions
    number of time
  3. Mephi

Mephi Member

I'm afraid only answer is to do the obvious and get the taxi firm no.s from Rochdale/Castleton or Saddleworth areas, get quotes, compare! Seeemples! It's not exactly a standard commute, may be a good idea to get a quote for wednesday perhaps and see if the crafty so n so's put extra on for Whit Friday!

4. Colin D

Colin D Member

Greenfield venue is on a large field, as is Scouthead but it would be a brave soul who managed to sit on a picnic blanket late into the night at the top of that hill!

5. neil fury

neil fury New Member

Delph

6. neil fury

neil fury New Member

7. dizzy068

dizzy068 Member

Greenfield is a great venue to watch from, you can set up a picnic with some cat swinging space, there is a long march which you can wander up and down to see more bands and with a bit of effort you can walk to Friezland, Uppermill and Dobcross.

8. honey bun

honey bun Active Member

Delph as well :tup Weather doesn't look promising though does it? :( x

9. David Mann

David Mann Member

10. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

11. Owen S

Owen S Member

I can vouch that they're very useful if your coach happens to break down halfway round.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Castleton
    Whits
    space
    couple of whit friday questions
    number of time