A Complete and utter farce!!!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Andy_Euph, Sep 9, 2004.

Do you agree that bandspeople should have to pay for tickets this weekend

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
  2. No

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Well the lwer section finals are this weekend and by the looks of it bandsman are going to have to pay to listen to other bands and the results. This to me just shows that the powers that be in the brass band movement must need to be sectioned!

Fair enough the cost has to be met somewhere but to be quite frank, if its because of the money side they are going to make bandspeople pay, they should have thought of that before they booked the centre.

But i know what is going to happen, some bandspeople WILL pay to get in but a lot WONT! So after the contest is finished and the hall has been near empty all weekend we will get the "well why didn't bandspeople come into the hall and listen?" and "why wasn't the hall full", the fact will be that the majority of people there will be bandspeople and a lot of them disagree with having to pay for the privilage of just getting in the hall when the majority of them will have spent more than enough money just getting to Harrogate!

But as a bandsman I sincerly hope that this contest doesn't fall flat on its **** this weekend, as it won't be fair to the people who have paid a lot of money to get there and put a lot of effort in....the bandspeople!

*Rant over*
  2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.