A Blow to the Ego.....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Will the Sec, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

.... (and let's face it, mine isn't small.*)

(*Thought I'd get that in afore LBB...)

I posted a new piece on SibMus today, the one I wrote for Ruthless. All to the good, I hear you cry!

Yeah, except that I discovered that the most listened of my works on SibMus is SopC.

So, on the one hand, two of my works are nominated in the same category of the tMP 3 year live awards as works by Darrol Barry, Peter Graham et al. On the other hand, more people using SibMus listen to the ONE JOKE PIECE I've written than any of the others!

Oy Vay. :frown:
  2. HBB

HBB Active Member

Take it off then!!
  3. Melph

Melph Member

I second that last post by the talented horn player HBB
  4. Melph

Melph Member

Could always credit me with one of your compositions? I would love to "compose" my own piece...... split the prize money?
  5. HBB

HBB Active Member

I'll write you a fantasy on two notes Melph! How are G and A for you?
  6. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Can't do that... Dave Redhead might want to buy it.

What a player... ... ... ...
  7. HBB

HBB Active Member

:lol: :D
  8. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

Was thinking about buying it him for his birthday.... just to keep his lip in ;)
  9. Melph

Melph Member

What about F and G and calling " F'ing G march" ?

Could you please ensuee it is a piece of 5 movements and I would like a sidedrum \ slapstick cadenza please.
  10. Ruthless

Ruthless Member

The other way to change this is for us all to go on and listen to "A Random Act of Kindness" http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/cgi-bin/show_score.pl?scoreid=77764

Hopefully then lots of people will buy it for their bands. I think it is excellent but then I am biased!!

It is a great new addition to the cornet solo repertoire.

Thanks Will

11. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Having had to get off my backside and work for a living again, I can only apologise for the late reply to this post.

I would like to point out that this masterpiece would not have been written had it not been for me slating Will's composition, for always having Sop top C's, and being used as openers for his bands concerts, thus killing off the sop players lip even before two numbers had been played in the concert

Must be chaos theory or something ,me downloading scorch, and then that most famous composition gets the highest number of plays. Thank **** I only listened to it once.