A BIG tMP hug for Mumsie...!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Seedhouse, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Mumsie isn't very well! :( She was coughing and splurting all the way through the Hathern concert tonight, get well soon! :D

... and also (mainly!) because she's been so busy with her mod duties, she realised halfway through the concert that she'd put on odd shoes!!! One dark Navy and one Black!!! I've never laughed so hard in my life!!! Hee hee! :D

Thanks for cheering up my day Mumsie, and have a big hug from me!!! ;)
    *gives Mumsie a hug!*

Think i'll leave out some of the other humourous things that happened.. but if you and Vic want to discuss then feel free! :rolleyes: ;)
  2. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Hahaha i've heard all about this from Vic :tongue: had mumsie crying in the background! Oh dear poor mumsie!
  3. Di

Di Active Member

ACTUALLY Alex, you're wrong. ...............

They were both black. :tongue:

Oh dear oh dear.

Talk about being in one of those places where you should be all quiet and dignified and you've got the attack of the giggles. Alex was TERRIBLE. Every time I managed to regain my composure all I could hear was Alex snickering away at the side of me. Then Vic kept going "what what what". No way could I tell Vic, if she started giggling when Alex and I clinging on to the edges of our composure - oooooooooooh dear. In the end I just stuck my feet out and showed Vic. She spent the next 5 minutes with her face buried in her hands.
  4. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Get well soon mom, you played the sympathy card to death in the court room so I guess you must be sincere this time (you being all play-acted out and all).

*Big hug*
  5. Di

Di Active Member

Got to admit that the worst of the coughing had been brought on by the bout of giggles. :redface:
  6. Steve

Steve Active Member

Awesome, now you cant keep reminding me to bring MY shoe to contets. Actually, having leant the bow-tie at Leamington and now this shocker I think you have no more ammunition against me!!!

7. HBB

HBB Active Member

LMAO!!! :D

So tahts what you were laughing about Alex then eh!
  8. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Poor Mumsie! Big hugs and hot toddy.

I once wore a pair of odd shoes to a gig, both black, nearly identical except for about 1 inch difference in the heels. Made me walk like Popeye the Sailor...
  9. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

This could only happen to a female - I only own the one pair of shoes!!! ;)

10. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Women need a pair of shoes for every concievable occasion. And some unconcievable ones just in case. I counted my shoes the other day and including wellies and walking boots I own 18 pairs of shoes. I do not consider this excessive. In fact I need some more.
  11. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I once wore odd trainers to work by mistake when I worked in the electrical department. They were exactly the same style of trainer, just different colours and I'd put them on in the dark. The lads I worked with just thought i was a bit retro and it actually started a trend! They were all doing it in no time!! :cool:
  12. HBB

HBB Active Member

Hehe! You? Trendsetter?! :lol: :p
  13. Di

Di Active Member

Actually, I normally only have one pair. I bought a new pair a couple of weeks ago because my old ones were .... well, .... old and kna . (fff :tongue:) worn out. I was going to bin them at the weekend and never got round to it. :frown:

So come on, who else has had the uncontrollable giggles just at that moment when they know they shouldn't?
  14. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Hee hee! Still chuckling about it now! :D
    Never asked you Dinie- were the heels the same size then!? (I know nothing about womens shoes!) :confused:
    Bet you've thrown them out now! ;)
  15. Di

Di Active Member

They were the same size yes, so there was no give away there. But I tell you what, once I'd noticed they were odd, all night I felt I had one warm foot and one cold foot. :frown:
  16. julestools

julestools Active Member

Are you, or have you ever been married to a certain Philippino dictator. I think the shoes give you away Emelda Romaldes Marcos. Your secret is out :)

Good disguise

17. lausonbass

lausonbass Member

[I counted my shoes the other day and including wellies and walking boots I own 18 pairs of shoes. I do not consider this excessive. In fact I need some more.]

well being a tom boy or so i'm told cos i teach P.E i have 13 Pairs of trainers in comparison to only 11 pairs of shoes/flip flops and 4 pairs of boots
  18. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

One of my colleagues, (a lovely lady who shall remain nameless because she deserves anonimity) once came to work in an odd pair of shoes. They both had a similar pattern, but one was burgundy and the other was navy.

She was still living that one down on the day she retired ;)
  19. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

LOL I asked her that!! How can you not notice??! Haha

Oooh it was funny!

I loved the phonecall in the toilets.. It was actually legendary! :tongue::biggrin: That woman was so nosey LOL! I laughed so much.. I think I got more dodgey looks that mum!!!! haha!! :rolleyes:
  20. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

a big hug for Mumsie

Hello Bigamabadger, no offence, You could never be Popeye the sailor, no tattoo,and i bet you dont like Spinach!!! I once went to help out a band and forgot my black shoes, borrowed a pair off the lady Euph player, was ok cos we sat down,for concert, but next day we had to march, come on fellers, how many of you have walked in 2" heels on the march, i rest my case!!!:redface: , the annoying thing was , the euph player took delight in telling everybody in 20yards distance, ""Look at his boots""