A Big Thank You....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Anno Draconis, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

I just wanted to publicly thank Middleton Band and MD Carl Whiteoak, who have this weekend recorded my composition The Sword and the Star to go on their new CD - and from the Rep seat, it sounded like we did a damn fine job of it, too.

I know there are a lot of tMP members who write and arrange band music and I'm pretty sure they'll agree that there is nothing like hearing a piece you've sweated over brought to life. To go the extra step have something I've written preserved in a permanent form is something I'd never dreamed would happen (especially as an amateur, Sibelius-qualified composer ;) ) and I am a deeply happy bunny now :cool: :D

So to Middleton, Carl, Gareth, Rob, Keith and the KMJ guys - many thanks.:clap:
  2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Congratulations Andy! Nice to hear that new works don't always gather dust in band libraries ... :clap:
  3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Wham! Bam! Duh! :rolleyes:

Yep, it's very satisfying, Anno. I wonder though - will 4barsrest describe your piece as "as a difficult old tub thumper" like they did mine?

I'm still not sure what Iwan meant by that!
  4. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

You're assuming that I will let the Foxmeister anywhere near a copy of it. Ain't gonna happen.....