A Better Way to Shop.....

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Okiedokie of Oz, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Wouldn't it be realllly cool if publishers and band's got together and kept an up-to-date list of which bands that have recorded which songs, and on which albums you can find them?????

It would save me from asking really embarrassing questions like

Does anybody know where I can find a recording of Peter Graham's "Haslemere Suite" in it's entirety? Or James Curnow's "Legend in Brass"?

I've found it's good for the band to hear a piece they have to play, so I must begin my 2004 contest preparations.

Thanks for all your help guys!!!!!!! :D

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Way
    recording
    band
    list
    questions
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

4. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

In the meantime, there are (a) a number frequenting these boards who are a veritable and valuable fountain of knowledge on the subject of 'where can I find a recording of...' (like Mr Bale, for instance!) and I can help to a degree as I have access (through my work) to a national discography which should be able to help in a lot of cases. You know where to find us, Oz.... :wink:

5. Railybobs

Railybobs Member

World of brass had a file at pontins with every single track in that is on the CD's that they retail.

One of the Pontins groundworkers asked about a piece that none of us had heard of. Surely enough it was in the file and on three cd's.

I don't know if it is available to view anywhere.

6. PeterBale

7. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

You guys are great!! Thanks!!!!!!!

8. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

Track Search

This is a print out of an Excel spreadsheet that we update every time a CD is added to our catalogue.
    This spreadsheet forms the basis of our Track Search facility on the website;
    http://www.worldofbrass.com/tracksearch.php

We have plans to issue this information on a CD ROM in the future, possibly attached to the front of a World of Brass catalogue.

9. PeterBale

Hadn't spotted that facility was there, Carl - should save a bit of time and effort :!: :lol: :lol: