A bass trombonist from (very) far east

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sirisobhakya, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Sirisobhakya

Sirisobhakya New Member

Hello everyone.

My name is Chaichan Wiriyaswat (long and hard to pronounce, I know, typical Thai name). I am from Thailand but now residing and working in Japan. After almost 10 year hiatus (no school instrument to borrow anymore), I have returned to trombone playing since October 2016 but am still, by all means, an amateur. I now play in community band (Higashihiroshima Wind Ensemble), and sometimes do solo/multitrack popular music when time permits.

I also am (or should I say was) a member of The Trombone Forum, so some of you who are members there may have already seen me. Hopefully the site returns soon.

Nice to meet you all.

2. Jack E

Jack E Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Chaichan!

3. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Hello! Yes, I recognise your username from TTF.

4. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Well-Known Member

Plus one in welcoming you to TMP. I really do hope that the Trombone Forum bounces back but if not you will find a good home here. This forum is centred around British style Brass Bands but you might enjoy that broader focus and, if not, we do have some very able Trombone players here too (sadly not myself included). All the best and enjoy. :) .

5. Sirisobhakya

Sirisobhakya New Member

Thank you for the welcoming and sorry for not responding for a long time. The past week was quite messy for me at work.

I am also interested in brass playing in general (euphonium, baritone, and continental European rotary baritone in particular), not only trombone playing. If I have money in the future I think I would buy my own baritone someday.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice