A band near Wimbledon?

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Miranda, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Miranda

Miranda New Member

Anyone know a good band near Wimbledon? Not looking for a top section band, but would like a band who are welcoming and with a lively social life. Looking for help making friends in a new area.

Thanks.

Miranda x

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Thanks.Miranda
    Wimbledon
    good band
    new area
    section band
  3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Fulham is the nearest band, just a few stops up the district line at Parson's Green. 3rd in the 3rd section at Butlins, conducted by tMP's Simon_Horn.

4. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

Hi Miranda, Fulham Brass Band are a lively and sociable brass band who have a full outfit currently but always welcoming new members. We are very close to Wimbledon and have a number of players from there. Check out our website at www.fulhambrassband.co.uk and use the contact us section to tell us what you play, standard etc. We rehearse Monday evenings from 7.30-10pm and you would be welcome to pop up any Monday for a listen or blow. Thanks, Simon

5. Irishmike

Irishmike New Member

Hello Miranda,

Another band quite close is Croydon Brass Band, who are a third section band.

We are a friendly bunch who practice in Thornton Heath every Monday night.

I myself am a Euph player and also commute from Wimbledon!

Our website is www.croydonband.co.uk. You are very welcome to come along and see what you think, or contact me on 07714 674 313 or mike_j_77@hotmail.com

Mike :D