80's revival

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by rutty, May 12, 2003.

1. rutty

rutty Active Member

As the 80's revival is in full swing, does anyone know of any good 80's arrangements, other than Abba, that are worth playing? My fave tune of all time would be nice - Vienna by Ultravox.

File under "cheese" 8)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    revival
    arrangements
    anyone
    Vienna
    tune
  3. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

The Final Countdown!

Memories of a very nervous conductor striding on stage for his very first concert, and dramatically thrusting his finger at the percussionist, who proceeded to belt the life out of the kit in the starting drum solo.

Ah.. what a way to start a concert.. Not so good for some of the weaker hearted audience though

4. Highams

Highams Member

5. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

How about 'Eye Of The Tiger' for bit of 80's cheese?

Like Keppler, I remember our percussionist hitting his kit like a madman at the start of 'Final Countdown'.....those pensioners that were sunbathing nar the bandstand never seemed too impressed though!! :twisted:

6. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

We have an Alan Catheral arrangement of Its a Sin by the Pet Shop Boys

Quality

7. rutty

rutty Active Member

Funny you should say that - my misses bought the Smash Hits 25th birthday album at the weekend (don't ask) and that's on it - when I heard it I though, "That'd make a pretty decent Brass Band arrnagement..."!

Might have to suggest that we get that... :wink:

Music is pretty good, I shudder to think about playing The Final Countdown - as a rock music fan I hate that track with a vengeance! :x

8. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

ah it's not that bad..
    apart from giving the electic guitar solo to euphs and baris.. they usually don't come with distortian pedals

9. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

there's quite a bit of queen stuff out their that sounds quite good by BB.
    in fact I think Brass Band de Waldsang (might be wrong with that one)have an album out of just Queen stuff that is really good.

10. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Dave,
    Williams Fairey have recorded The Final Countdown and it's pretty good :lol: Let me know if you want a copy :bounce

11. rutty

rutty Active Member

Sure, I'll give it a listen if you don't mind lending me the CD, cheers ;)

We'll have to get Tony to get out Bohemian Rhapsody more often I think...

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    revival
    arrangements
    anyone
    Vienna
    tune