7 July 2005 - The London Bombings - tMP tribute

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Will the Sec, May 26, 2010.

1. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Some of the old gang are still around, and will remember that at the time of the London Tube Bombings I invited tMPers' bands to play tribute to those who lost their lives by playing two verses of Crimond at public gigs the following weekend. "A little calm in all the hubbub will hopefully allow people to reflect", I commented at the time.

The time may have flown by for most of us, for various reasons, but the hurt for the bereaved is still fresh due to the currency of the inquests, and the consequences for the injured are still being felt. A colleague of mine has not worked since being on the train at Liverpool Street.

So, five years later, if your band is out or rehearsing between (say) 3 and 11 July, I invite you to make a similar tribute.

Two verses of Crimond, in remembrance.

2. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

That sounds a very fine idea, Will. I do remember it first time round and it seems fitting to do so again.

We'll be rehearsing on 07/07/2010 and I'm sure our MD will be happy to take part.

3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

As we move into July, I'll bump this one.

Feel free to take part, and record your doing so here if you wish.

4. Super Ph

Super Ph Member

nice idea - one of our band was in a nasty car crash in the autumn of last year and we paid a nice fitting tribute by choosing to play "paganini variations" at a couple of local contests.